Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Will you give some advice to a beginner?

Will you give some advice to a beginner? 10 years 8 months ago #1015

• Kokoro
  • Новый участник
  • Better late than never
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi!
I am a beginner in the world of spiritual practices. My family is not religious at all and they don’t believe in yoga or any other practices connected with energetic work. So I was brought up as an atheist, but nowadays I’ve come to a decision that there is something more than just our will or personal power, I’ve started noticing that some external powers impact my life. I’ve already have read some books about karma and chakras but I cannot decide where and how to start. :blush:
Would anyone be so kind and help me with my first steps in my spiritual improvement?
The way is not in the sky. The way is in the heart.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Will you give some advice to a beginner? 10 years 8 months ago #1038

• Jenny
  • Новый участник
  • Our words have wings, but fly not where we would
  • Thank you received: 7
I think you’ve chosen the right website to ask for help. There are a lot of educated and interesting people who can give some useful advice.
As for me I am not an expert in this question, but I would like to help you.
First of all I think you need to read a lot about different spiritual practices and religious. You said you are from non-religious family. In this case it’d be better start with spiritual practices and basic knowledge about karmas, internal and external energy, the Universe.
The website includes not only a forum but also some articles about Pokrov movement and main information about God, spirits, personal improvement. Maybe you should start with it? ;)
Call me J ;-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kokoro, Madonna

Will you give some advice to a beginner? 10 years 8 months ago #1045

• Kokoro
  • Новый участник
  • Better late than never
  • Thank you received: 1
Sorry for asking, but would you be so kind and give me a link to the articles and other info about Pokrov movement? :blush: Thank you so much in advance! ;)
The way is not in the sky. The way is in the heart.

Will you give some advice to a beginner? 10 years 8 months ago #1049

• Maybe
  • Новый участник
I think you should start with reading books and leaning a lot of different religions to find what suits you. To find your way.
As the greatest thing is to meet with religious representatives of these religions.
To ask questions and to understand the depth of religion.
If it is possible maybe you should visit some temples to feel spiritualism of religion and weather you soul feels there as at home. Weather you fell in there full relax and spiritual rise.
And don't forget to say about restriction of religion.
Are you able perceive religion with all restriction or only in comfortable part?
Because it is unfair and not spiritual at all.
And also i think once chosen a religion i have to follow it till the end of the days therefore the choice has to be very thoughtful and measured.

Will you give some advice to a beginner? 10 years 8 months ago #1058

• Jenny
  • Новый участник
  • Our words have wings, but fly not where we would
  • Thank you received: 7
Kokoro wrote:
Sorry for asking, but would you be so kind and give me a link to the articles and other info about Pokrov movement? :blush: Thank you so much in advance! ;)

Here it is. welcome.pokrov.com/en/articles/cover/13-...okrovitelya-nicholas
5 big articles for you to start you spiritual improvement and education. They are very easy to read and follow. ;)
Call me J ;-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1234567

Will you give some advice to a beginner? 10 years 8 months ago #1092

• Madonna
  • Новый участник
  • Thank you received: 4
I’ve been trying to find my religious and spiritual path as well. I’ve been trying for almost 7 years and haven’t decided yet what religion is mine. But I’ve read a lot of books and scriptures. I also visited different religious temples and wasn’t able find myself there. I only know that God exists and I pray every day. I try to follow general rules of all religions like: “Don’t steal”, “Don’t kill”, “Don’t lie”, “Don’t commit adultery” etc. I think the main commandments are the same in all religions.
For you I can wish only to be more lucky than I am and find yourself as soon as possible. :)
Mary
Last Edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Madonna.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kokoro
  • Page: