Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: God and busy life

God and busy life 10 years 3 months ago #2287

• Ruby
  • Новый участник
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi! I was wondering about God, our heavenly father and God’s place in today’s busy hectic life. Is there a place for God at all? I mean majority of people, especially in the big cities, are working lots of hours every day, 9 to 6, or some people work in shifts 12 hours a day, some -24 hours a day! After such fast paced race a person feels tired and the only thing people want to do is to relax. Coming home after a long and tiring day at the office, at a factory, and other work places people tend to want to watch a TV, have a can of beer or just go to sleep! And where is God, how to find time for our relationships with him in such a crazy every day rush? In some countries like Saudi Arabia for one thing there are dedicated times for praying during the day. And everybody stops working just to spend the time with God. And what about western countries? They claim to be Christian and believing in God, but the way the life is organized and managed doesn’t show it at all! As a result people spend less and less if any time with God and become gradually spiritually poor and degrade both inside and outwardly they behaviour leaves much to be desired. If it was a common thing to concentrate on God everyday the perhaps people wouldn’t be so nervous and angry and could find peace ...
Love and be loved!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ladyme

God and busy life 10 years 3 months ago #2297

• ladyme
  • Новый участник
  • there is always a "because"
To my mind there is a bit strange to compair the belief in God and our busy or not so busy life.
It doesn't matter how busy we are, we are always praying, we always believe and we are always doing good things for people.
I disagree that God is just in icons, or churches, or the Holy Bible. Yeah, this is something saint that must be in our life, but the real God is in our hearts, in our souls, our mind.
And what about those who are showing their belief in God? Do you really think it shows the real attitude towards religion? I don't think so. If people beliefs in God and they really care about God, they doesn't shout about it and doesn't show it at every corner.

There are also people who are not going to the church, but they are very generous, they help other people..and so on.

It doesn't matter how busy are you and how tired are you after work. It matters how is your soul and your mind.
there is always a "because"

God and busy life 10 years 3 months ago #2315

• denis
  • Новый участник
  • Счастья всем!
Ladytime, I completely support your point. I think that true relationships with God are not the relationships where you do your staff, work, eat, communicate with people and then give yourself some time for prayer, or for going to the church or something like that. I think that true relationships with God are when you keep God in your heart whatever you are doing – watching TV, praying, eating, talking, working. You always feel Him in your heart and soul. And when you do feel him, then anything that you do will have another image for you that is more deeper, more sensitive and that brings you more joy than rather you would do it just automatically as a robot. So I think that if a person wants to truly be religious and godly in his life then he has to teach himself and to pray to God to help him place God in his heart. It is a magnificent experience. Wherever you go, whatever you do, you always know that God is in you and with you.

God and busy life 10 years 3 months ago #2323

• AnGeLiKa
  • Новый участник
Well, well. The question is very hot. Our life is really full of events. We run all the time and we have no any free second. All day round e have to solve the problems, to think how to get rid of difficult situations, how to overcome the obstacles that are on our way. We even do not have enough time for having lunch or having dinner with our family. So, what are we talking about? If not everybody has enough time to speak to his close relatives. But God is another deal. I really suppose that God has nothing in common with our busy life. If there is a life, God wants it to be on the Earth. I think, all of us here due to God. He knows what for life we are spending here. And we should know that there is no need in going to church every day, if we are not priests, once a weak will be enough. We have God in our hearts, in our mind. It is not necessary to go to somewhere to have a prayer. We can talk to God during our busy day. Most of us do it, but even do not know that they really speak to God. But we do speak to him and ask him, and he gives us answers. That is even funny, because the most important thing is that God knows what a busy life is here. But who makes it so busy? We do. Who claims there is not much time for God? We claim. But it is not the true. There is time and there is more than enough time for it. Just stop for a while a have a break. Just think a little about yourself, your needs, your life. That is your own dialogue to God. That is enough, because God wants us to understand this world, to understand the inner world. And we should listen to him, even if we are too busy. We should learn at our children how to behavior. They know instinctively how to act in the right way. Our children are sent to us by God, people say, they are our angels, who are saving us. So ,we should be more attentive to our children. Don`t forget to have a free minute to play with your little kid. He deserves it more that somebody else. And he will be very glad to spend with the parents more and more time. And there will be the best thing that you can do and God will say that you are doing well.
The hatred of those who are near to us is most violent.
Publius Cornelius Tacitus

God and busy life 10 years 3 months ago #2325

• HelloK
  • Новый участник
  • Thank you received: 3
So strange.
As for me quality is much more importation that quantity.
It can be compared to an example as a mother can say that she spends majority of the day with her child, but the point is that she is looking TV all this time.
I think 5-15 free minutes a day each of us has. And this is enough for the small pray. Of course it's great to find time for spiritual books reading and self-practising and maybe to find some time for meditation. But if person wants it he or she will definitely find time for such things. because it's also necessary for he-self, for personal growing.
So for me words "unfortunately, I don't have enough time for all these God related stuff" means only that this person doesn’t wont to do it.

God and busy life 10 years 3 months ago #2454

• Jenkins
  • Новый участник
  • Only He Knows!
I used to live a busy life but I cannot say that it is not filled with God's presence. I pray when I feel it is needed and I talk to God when I want to do it.

I know many people who say that they are not able to visit churches to do high load at work. I don't think that living in such a way is good. We have leave some space for God and his love to make our life more conscious. I used to travel a lot before and visited many countries. People are usually vicitims of their own ways of life not only in States or in Russian but, for example, in China too.

Chinese people work very hard and totally out of time when it goes about God or any kind of Church. Many of them are communists, of course, but it doesn't mean they don't have the God in their hearts.
Once in Chinese temple in Henan I saw a man who was chatting in the internet using his smartphone and praying in the same time. Firstly, I thought that he must be crazy doing this but then I recognized that he simply does not have enough time to have the God closer.
It is very good example of how busy we are and what some people can do to be closer to the God.

Mostly, people are lazy not busy. And every time they said that we unable to talk to God at Sunday, ask them what did they do to be able to do it.

To be fair, I cannot afford myself to spend a lot of time on it but on the other hand I don't need to. 30 minutes a day is enough to get closer to the God and keep your heart and soul open for he (or she :) ).

Never miss a moment to pray and never say you were too busy. That is not fair according to the god. He has time for all of us and shouldn't say that we can't do the same.
Pure love saves the planet!
Last Edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Jenkins.
  • Page: