Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tiny evil for big good in future.

Tiny evil for big good in future. 10 years 9 months ago #891

• Jones
  • Новый участник
  • Thank you received: 2
Can you do something wrong or bad knowing that in future it’ll help to do something really good?
Some situation for you to think about…
1. To earn money by selling some household appliances without paying taxes and give all money to church.
2. To perjure in court to help innocent person to be free.
3. To kill a man knowing that he is a terrorist and going to kill hundreds.

Please write your opinion and reasons as well
. Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom_The_Builder

Tiny evil for big good in future. 10 years 9 months ago #913

• Tom_The_Builder
  • Новый участник
  • Life is the most important thing
In general, I would like to say that nothing wrong should be done for excusing something good in future. It is just a trick. You can never be sure that in future this bad situation will turn to a great welfare for you or others. Future is unpredictable.
And I am absolutely sure that bad stuff can cause only bad consequences not good.
Now about every case in details.
1. To earn money by selling some household appliances without paying taxes and give all money to church.

If you don’t pay taxes when earning money, it means you cheat the country and steal money from the ordinary people. Because as we know taxes are used to pay off different social needs. So stealing from old people and children are not really good even for giving money to church.

2. To perjure in court to help innocent person to be free.

It is rather difficult to solve this dilemma as I know by my own experience that our court system is not perfect at all. There are a lot of innocent people in jail who are trying to prove their innocence. They may stay in jail for years and it is really sad.
So here I say “YES”, but the person must be sure for 100% that the accused is not guilty.

3. To kill a man knowing that he is a terrorist and going to kill hundreds.

Very, very difficult to take a decision how to act.
But I will try anyhow.
It depends on situation. If you see that he is going to push the button to blow up or you see how he’s going to shoot, you should try to stop him anyway and even kill.
But if you just know by seeing how person is making bomb or only buying gun, you should call to the police and not play a James Bond.

Tiny evil for big good in future. 10 years 9 months ago #920

• Doctor who
  • Осваиваюсь на форуме
  • Thank you received: 2
This is very hard question to answer to.
How do we know our good actions lead to?
We can kill a terrorist who may kill a lot of people. Definitely it is for good.
But among killed people may be somebody like future Hitler, who will destroy half of Europe.
Or we are sure that person in court is innocent, we are 100 percent sure and we make perjure in cour, but if in some years we know that the person was guilty.
I think we have to do everything for the family, for our children but maybe doing of everything can harm them. But, maybe personally I would do everything for my family even evil things.
So there is right or wrong answer. Everyone makes decision on his own.
I know an expression “It’s better to regret something you did, than something you did not do” so maybe sometimes we should use it in our decisions.

Tiny evil for big good in future. 10 years 8 months ago #994

• Jenny
  • Новый участник
  • Our words have wings, but fly not where we would
  • Thank you received: 7
To be or not to be! It is always a dilemma. Every time one should solve the cases based on personal principals and morality.
As for me I will never kill even though I know the person is going to kill hundreds people. For me to take somebody's life is like to kill myself. And I cannot commit a suicide as life is the most precious thing and we should respect and appreciate it.
If talk about perjury. It is lying but also you can be punished for it and can be sent to prison as well. Can you lie to save somebody's life and risk your own freedom? I think if person is innocent, he will find evidences of his innocence.
Call me J ;-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cheeta

Tiny evil for big good in future. 10 years 8 months ago #1005

• lotus
  • Новый участник
  • Hello
Hello! This topic is a very practical one. I mean that in our life we very often should do something bad to save other things or persons, to make something better. Even according to the criminal code we have the right to produce damages for saving goods which worth more than damages which are produced by us.
I’ll try to comment these three situations which were given by the author of the topic and then, of course, my personal opinion.
So the first situation was about giving money for a church and I don’t think it is the best idea. We can give this money directly to the persons who need it( I am talking about poor children, peoples with disabilities and others).
The second situation is about lying in the court for saving an innocent person. Here I want to go back to the criminal code and to mention that it is a crime to lie in the court of justice. At the same time an innocent person doesn’t need your lies, because if they are discovered, the situation of this innocent man will become worse.
The third situation is about killing a terrorist to save people. Here I think it depends on a concrete situation. Firstly we should be sure 100& that he is a real terrorist and secondly I think we can’t and we have no any right to kill a person who didn’t do anything bad till the present moment, even if he is a possible terrorist.
So here is the idea I wanted to share with you:
Yes, we have the right to do a little of bad for a lot of good, but this little bad should be fair, reasonable, legal and objective. In another case we’ll become criminals and we will be dangerous for our society!

Tiny evil for big good in future. 10 years 8 months ago #1009

• Jaybee
  • Новый участник
That is a difficult question. However, here is my point of view. Generally, it is impossible to combine evil and good. How to make a tiny evil for big good in future? If you are murderer and your money is in blood - they will not give you anything good. How about wars? To send millions people on death for saving save the billion? Kidnapping? To stole somebody’s child to buy food for your own kids? Evil is evil and it can’t be explained by any good purposes.

I think that people use evil not to achieve good, but to achieve their own aims. Like it is described in the example of helping the innocent person in the court, no matter of the criminal responsibility for perjury. The main aim here is to get the person (may be, friend or relative) avoided from the prison. The same is about sold goods without paying the taxes. Why that person decided to give money to church, what he or she wishes to achieve by this? May be, it is a trial to vanish the previous sins. Will it be better not to do sins and then there will not be necessity to vanish them?

And where is the guarantee that the evil will give the good? For example, after killing the terrorist new attacks of his mates to get revenge may lead to the new victims among the peaceful people. May be it is better to destroy the social conditions, poverty contributing to the existence of the terrorism? It is very difficult. But I think it is the right decision instead to try to answer on evil by evil.
  • Page: