Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Children and religion

Children and religion 10 years 9 months ago #860

• Tom_The_Builder
  • Новый участник
  • Life is the most important thing
Doctor who wrote:
I totally disagree with you in the part of vegetarianism.
It is very dangerous to keep children on vegetarian diet. Their nutrition must be balanced and they have to get all necessary food elements. And some times it is difficult to do even with normal nutrition. Often children are very selective in foods. Being a vegetarian you should be very careful with your diet and for fast growing children it is unacceptable to be a vegetarian. Maybe only when they become teenagers and will be able to control their nutrition and also be prepared for vegetarianism spiritual.

It’s not a topic about vegetarians but about religion. Do you have something to tell me upon the subject of our conversation? B)

And some information for you about veg.
Vegetarian diet was approve by The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and Dietitians of Canada and The USA and New Zealand Health Association. They have stated that at all stages of life, a properly planned vegetarian diet is "healthful, nutritionally adequate, and provides health benefits in the prevention and treatment of certain diseases".
I don’t even say that almost the whole India is vegetarian!!! Can you say that children in India are at constant danger?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Children and religion 10 years 6 months ago #1446

• A.Feld
  • Новый участник
  • Thank you received: 1
And how about children who are in the family where father is of one religion and mother of another? My very close friend is in such situation. Her father is Muslim and her mother is Christian. In the childhood she read the child’s Bible and nobody pressed her. When she grew up she asked her mother what is she. And she was given a reasonable answer that it is her greatest choice in this life. But till now she doesn`t know what to choose. Do you think it is good for a person? Maybe it is better to know who you are form the childhood? Maybe it is better to know all the prayers from the childhood? And when you are already an adult you know where to go and how to speak to God if you are in terrible situation. And not to begin to meditate on what religion to choose, what is better and what is worse. Maybe it is not without a purpose that we are already born in this family, have these parents with their religion. I think nothing is done with an ulterior motive in this world.
Der Anblick gibt den Engeln Stärke,
Da keiner dich ergründen mag,
Und alle deine hohen Werke
Sind herrlich wie am ersten Tag.
prolog im Himmel, Goethe Faust

Children and religion 10 years 6 months ago #1459

• Pink Pony
  • Новый участник
Such an interesting topic, maybe somebody can you give me an advice.
I have a doughtier, she is 9 years old. Our third academic year had began. It started hard with with ragged notebooks in mathematics, breaking of a phone mirror and dull eyes in replay to my explanation of examples in mathematics. Today, as always, in the morning my mother called me. When she asked how is our study, I told her everything in details, I wanted to share. And she said that I have to go to the church with the child, and do it on an ongoing basis, it is necessary to step up to the father and that the father will talk with the doughtier . But I'm a agnostic! Am I not a believer at all. How can I tell her that she is tempt by devil, so she rips notebooks , and then she will go to hell if she won't stop ? ? In general, it seems to me that is not a time for using of religion for children raising? Or I'm wrong? I think that a person must grow to faith or to the realization that he or she is an atheist. For children the main that has to be given is a perception that there are a lot of religion in the world and which ones. It seems to me that raising of a child should be done by any other means. Personally, in this case I think that my child needs to spill too much of her adrenaline and aggression, so we need sports. The next week we are paling to try a swimming. My Mom agreed to carry my doughtier to the pool once a week. But she thinks that it will continue maximum 3 months, and then she (doughtier) will get sick in this pool. And with such a character type she won't be listening to the coach.
What do you think?
Or maybe I should listen to my mother and try religious methods?

Children and religion 10 years 6 months ago #1482

• Новый участник
  • Still believe...
Pink Pony wrote:
Such an interesting topic, maybe somebody can you give me an advice.
I have a doughtier, she is 9 years old. Our third academic year had began. It started hard with with ragged notebooks in mathematics, breaking of a phone mirror and dull eyes in replay to my explanation of examples in mathematics. Today, as always, in the morning my mother called me. When she asked how is our study, I told her everything in details, I wanted to share. And she said that I have to go to the church with the child, and do it on an ongoing basis, it is necessary to step up to the father and that the father will talk with the doughtier . But I'm a agnostic! Am I not a believer at all. How can I tell her that she is tempt by devil, so she rips notebooks , and then she will go to hell if she won't stop ? ? In general, it seems to me that is not a time for using of religion for children raising? Or I'm wrong? I think that a person must grow to faith or to the realization that he or she is an atheist. For children the main that has to be given is a perception that there are a lot of religion in the world and which ones. It seems to me that raising of a child should be done by any other means. Personally, in this case I think that my child needs to spill too much of her adrenaline and aggression, so we need sports. The next week we are paling to try a swimming. My Mom agreed to carry my doughtier to the pool once a week. But she thinks that it will continue maximum 3 months, and then she (doughtier) will get sick in this pool. And with such a character type she won't be listening to the coach.
What do you think?
Or maybe I should listen to my mother and try religious methods?

In my opinion religion is really helpful in bringing up children. It teaches them a lot of, I would even say, huge amount of proper things starting from ‘not to kill’ and move to ‘obey your parents’. Children raised in religious family usually are more disciplined, organized and kind. However, teaching process is even more important and parents should be the first teachers of religion. But you… you cannot even decide if you are an agnostic or an atheist. You don’t know anything about any religions. You don’t believe even in God, how can you teach your baby to believe in these circumstances? I think if you try to do it you may bring more harm than help to your baby. What would you say to your child about prayer, rites, and asking and talking with God? Will you be able to give any answers to the child?
I guess in your case it is not the point to make your child believe.
Best,

Children and religion 10 years 5 months ago #1669

• Cheeta
  • Новый участник
  • Thank you received: 1
I know that children should be raised in religious vibe. First, child considers God as a Santa and it is easy for him or her to believe. Lately when child understands that Santa doesn’t exist and this is just a fairy tale, he keeps on believing in God as all adults around believe. Such a belief has a great power as child understands that she or he is not alone even if there is nobody to help and support you. You may always talk to God! If talk about region itself, I guess almost every religion consists of strict moral principles and rules to follow and these are also good for a child. Child gets used to be organized, disciplined and refuse from the conveniences and delicious food for some time during a year (I am talking about different fasts, lent and other religious periods when it is not allowed to eat meat, have sex ;) etc). Nowadays people suffer from obesity as a result of their weakness to refuse themselves in food. Children cannot keep their attentions for a long time to one fact, big book or long film. I think nowadays our children have lack of attention, discipline and self-arrangements. Religion can easily solve these problems as it teaches children only the rights principles and rules.
The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in.

Children and religion 10 years 5 months ago #1686

• Big bang
  • Новый участник
In my opinion as long as children are small they should not be involved in any religion. Their parents will pray for them. When they grow up people can decide whether they should be a believer at all and choose a religion. If he or she wants to be with God he hes to be baptized in the Christian Church and become a Christian. It's not necessary gas to be an Orthodox or Catholic church.
And so on, people can choose a different path and it will be an informed choice.
  • Page: