• Страница:

ТЕМА: What do we expect from our faith?

What do we expect from our faith? 10 года 4 мес. назад #1905

• Cocos
  • Cocos аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Новый участник
So that is the point.
Tell me, honestly, what do we expect from our faith? I think majority of people are waiting for something from their faith. They are all waiting for any goods or favors! They are waiting for them or in this world, or that (after death)!
I believe that we don't have to expect something from out faith in God. We just have to live and to know that for all our actions we will be responsible some day! Either at this lifetime, or at the next! And we just have to find enlightenment and inner freedom faith, but not reword for our fight.
The belief in God that is based on fear can not be a sincere! In this case belief is based on the fear of God's wrath and punishment, but not on the love! Some people believe in God with only one purpose to not get to hell after death! If faith is based only on fear of future punishment, it is not faith in God! This is the belief in punishment! This is the belief in hell! And that means that they only belief in devil!
Can we believe in God without expecting any profit?
Just for the sake of God, just for love, just for light in our life?
Администратор запретил публиковать записи.

What do we expect from our faith? 10 года 4 мес. назад #1913

• Claire
  • Claire аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Новый участник
Some people believe in God with only one purpose to not get to hell after death! If faith is based only on fear of future punishment, it is not faith in God! This is the belief in punishment! This is the belief in hell! And that means that they only belief in devil!
The belief in God that is based on fear can not be a sincere!

I have to disagree with you. Everyone believes according to their way of thinking, you cannot make people believe like you do, and if they believe in other way different from yours, it doesn't mean they believe in hell.
I'm also afraid of hell like many other people, but on the other hand I'm a person who just cannot see people suffer and always help after my possibilities. And other people, who you think believe in hell, have maybe other strong points and you aren't really in the position to judge.
Even in the New Testament it's written that Jesus said, that we should be afraid of our Lord, or something like this, however we have to respect his will.
The question is somehow wrong. You cannot believe in something, because you expect profit, you believe because you believe, you can't imagine yourself, the world or the universe otherwise.
I hope you understand what I mean.
Just for the sake of God, just for love, just for light in our life
You say, "just for light in our life"- isn't that an expectation? You expect light in your life, don't you? It's for your profit, isn't it?
For the sake of God or for your/our sake? Does God need to be saved from hell? Do you think God wants you to love him without loving other people?
And if you mean love like between people, relatives, family then I'm not sure you know God so close to really love him. Like He said, "If you love your neighbor, you love me".
I'd like you to explain in detail what you mean by loving God sincerely, because I'm not sure somebody will understand you right.
Live your life now.

What do we expect from our faith? 10 года 4 мес. назад #1937

• Cocos
  • Cocos аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Новый участник
Claire,
I strongly disagree with you and we are not speaking about some particular religion (Christians for example). A fear of punishment is a bases of majority religions. And if we imagine that it is promised to everyone to get in to the Haven no matter what, so how many people would observe all rules of such religion?
I think it would be minority.
So, who believes in God just because of God?
The light in life just means fillings to God, understanding of sense of living.
And believing and observing religions rules no matter what.
How many people study religions, develop their knowledge?
Just few of them others are satisfied with the well-known facts.
Minority of religions people are real thinkers.
They use religion just for answers, but not for questions.
If you are not such kind of person it is great.
But unfortunately I'm sure that it can't be said about majority people.
So my point is a lot of people expect forgiveness from religion, but not knowledge, love etc.
So what do you expect?

What do we expect from our faith? 10 года 4 мес. назад #1948

• sunflower
  • sunflower аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Новый участник
  • Спасибо получено: 3
Cocos пишет:
So that is the point.
Tell me, honestly, what do we expect from our faith? I think majority of people are waiting for something from their faith. They are all waiting for any goods or favors! They are waiting for them or in this world, or that (after death)!
I believe that we don't have to expect something from out faith in God. We just have to live and to know that for all our actions we will be responsible some day! Either at this lifetime, or at the next! And we just have to find enlightenment and inner freedom faith, but not reword for our fight.
The belief in God that is based on fear can not be a sincere! In this case belief is based on the fear of God's wrath and punishment, but not on the love! Some people believe in God with only one purpose to not get to hell after death! If faith is based only on fear of future punishment, it is not faith in God! This is the belief in punishment! This is the belief in hell! And that means that they only belief in devil!
Just for the sake of God, just for love, just for light in our life?

Sorry, I can't agree with your statement in the post above.
I believe in God simply because it makes me better, it makes me feel safe and be calm in lots of "stormy" situationa. I know that staying at home by myself, in the late night wouldn't do me anything bad, I know that God is with me all the time, and no matter what I will decide in any sitautions- I will be safe wherever I go and with whoever I go. Being sure in Lord existance, I am sure in myself.
And no....I am not doing any bad to anybody to be forgiven...I try to be good and patient to another people, because God want it from me. He is patient to us and he love and protect us.
one kind word can change someone's entiry day...
Последнее редактирование: 10 года 4 мес. назад от sunflower.

What do we expect from our faith? 10 года 4 мес. назад #1952

• Blink
  • Blink аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Новый участник
Yes, I also can't agree with statements of Cocos.
Because religion is a part of me. The part that makes me better, that gives me some answers.
But somehow I can understand what Cocos is trying to say us.
I personal know a lot of people, that truly believe that if after they do something wrong they will prey that everything will be forgiven to them. They just don't understand that forgiveness comes after remorse.
And unfortunately we know so many stories about official religious people (from different confession) that have abused their powers and did harm to other people. And it's impossible to believe that there is a God in their soul.
But anyway I'm sure that even a little faith is better than nothing.
And how are we to judge? How knows hows faith is better, stronger and more genuinely.

What do we expect from our faith? 10 года 4 мес. назад #1959

• Peper
  • Peper аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Новый участник
I always said ... that the Temple of God is in the our soul, but not in the church ....
So the faith has to be inside us.
We should live according to our conscience .... as we want, without bringing harm to other people. This is very important point,
My opinion is "that if someone believes "like others" and because others do it ..." - This is not a faith, but just fear and ignorance.
Faith can not live apart it has to be inside of us;-)
.. What organ of the body it will elect to stay in, that's it's own business :cheer:, but it has to be somewhere inside;-)
And I think that everyone believes in their own way .. Sometimes they don't call it faith in God, maybe they call it as something else, but faith is still there.
  • Страница:
Работает на Kunena форум