Shinto: 4 million
Cao Dai: 4 million
Zoroastrianism: 2.6 million
Tenrikyo: 2 million
Neo-Paganism: 1 million
Unitarian-Universalism: 800 thousand
Rastafarianism: 600 thousand
Scientology: 500 thousand
Администратор запретил публиковать записи.
Спасибо сказали: Torra

Religions Around the World 10 года 9 мес. назад #799

• KariAnn
  • KariAnn аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Новый участник
Very visual and very informative! And all these religions can be divided else into many, so, probably, nobody knows exact quantity of the religions in the Earth. May be, I am wrong, but it seems to me.

Moreover, that’s a paradox, but sometimes, rest people know about religion from its minority of the representatives. For example, when saying “Muslim”, all imagine an Arab man with a long beard wearing turban. However, Arabs are only 18% of Muslim population. Same times, not all Arabs are Muslims – they practice also Judaism, Christianity and even Zoroastrianism. The most of Muslims live in South and South-West Asia (62%) and Africa (Egypt and Nigeria). The biggest Muslim country is Indonesia, which is the home for 12.7% of the world's quantity of the Muslims. Turkey and Iran are non-Arab countries with the largest Muslim-majority.

Large communities of Muslims are also available in China, Balkans, and Russia. Totally, there are 49 Muslim-majority countries worldwide. Nowadays, the quantity of Muslims is more in the United Kingdom than in Lebanon, and more in China than in Syria.

Religions Around the World 10 года 9 мес. назад #821

• Doctor who
  • Doctor who аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Осваиваюсь на форуме
  • Спасибо получено: 2
What an interesting scheme.
I'm really surprised about quantity of nonreligious people in the world.
It also could be much more interesting if also this information would be divided according to the countries.
I wonder in what country is the biggest percent of nonreligious people.
And what a big percent of Christianity, but we can see how many religious movements are in Christianity. And the problem is that a majority of them do not recognize each other.
Is it normal?
And if we take Islam. We can observe years and years of wars between Shiite and Sunni.
A lot of acts of terrorism and murders. But I even don't know difference between those two movements for me they are the same Islam religion.

Religions Around the World 10 года 8 мес. назад #1028

• lotus
  • lotus аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Новый участник
  • Hello
Hello! It is a very interesting subject to be discussed. Firstly I would like to mention that diversity is always good. When there is a diversity of some things, some ideas or some movements, you can make a choice, a personal choice between them.
The diversity in religious movement is natural and we can prove it looking to the historical backgroung. Different religions appeared in different parts of the world and most of them were created and developed independently. That’s why I think this difference is natural.
Now let’s speak about pluses and minuses of the situation we have.
Of course the biggest plus is the choice that a person can do having more than one possible variant. Another plus that every kind of religion created a special culture. (We can easy notice it looking for example an Chinese and European cultures).
Speaking about minuses I think the biggest and the most dangerous one is discrimination. This social disease killed a lot of people in past and it continue killing till now. This disease can be minimized by promoting such values of tolerance, freedom and friendship between nations. I sad that we can minimize it, but I am not sure we are able to stop it completely.

Religions Around the World 10 года 7 мес. назад #1252

• Lilly
  • Lilly аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Новый участник

Hi, Doctor Who!

Here is the map that displays the division of religions around the countries! I guess in this map we mostly see the official religion of the country, it does not display the real mix of religions that exists in any country.
Последнее редактирование: 10 года 7 мес. назад от Lilly.

Religions Around the World 10 года 6 мес. назад #1420

• Torra
  • Torra аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Новый участник
  • Спасибо получено: 1
Why are there so many religions in the world? Are they really only the different roads leading to one God?
There are many people who consider that all religions teach us in different ways, though lead to one God. But it is not so easy. There is a riddle for children: how to hide an elephant on the field? The field is clean, without a tree or ravine. People who don`t know this riddle usually propose to dig him down. It`s possibly an answer, but there is one more effective method: to let more 100 or 1000 elephants on this field! Now it is not so easy to find our elephant, isn`t it? The same way the one who doesn`t want that people will find the Truth has created thousands of fake religions, among which it is not easy to find the right one. Today there are more than 1000 religions in the world. It seems like people have a choice, but how to realize this choice and not to do a mistake? That`s the question…
There is nothing more important then your own life
  • Страница:
Работает на Kunena форум