Добро пожаловать, Гость
Логин: Пароль: Запомнить меня
  • Страница:

ТЕМА: Are there any special temples for you?

Are there any special temples for you? 10 года 7 мес. назад #967

• Doctor who
  • Doctor who аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Осваиваюсь на форуме
  • Спасибо получено: 2
There are a lot of churches and temples in the world. Are there any special ones for you?
Some places where you feel that this is real place for soul, where you feel relief and you feel the light comes to your soul?
As for me I like travelling very much, so I've been to a lot of places.
You know the greatest disappointment for me was Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem?
I thought that it will be extremely great place with strong energy, but I felt nothing in there just interesting historical place with crowd of people. But unexpectedly in small Orthodox church in the Cyprus I felt unusual light in the soul and spirituality of this place.
And frankly speaking it is very frustrating to see a crowd of tourists at the temples, and because of it I try not to go into churches in other countries, especially during the service.
And the most favourite for me it is small church near my work. It is very bright and full of spirituality, sometimes during my lunch hour or after work I just come in here not for a long time just to stay far away from the madding crowd and feel the tranquility in the soul. And it gives me energy for a long time.
Администратор запретил публиковать записи.

Are there any special temples for you? 10 года 7 мес. назад #980

• Tracey
  • Tracey аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Новый участник
  • Спасибо получено: 1
The most spiritual experience I've ever had was in the Blue Mosque in Istanbul. I'm not Muslim, but honestly that was the most special place I've ever visited. Not only was it rich in history, but I could really feel the genuineness of the worshippers. I didn't go in during a 'rush time' of prayers - but there were individuals who were praying anyhow. Everyone was extremely respectful, and there was so much positive energy in the place! I can see how you feel about tourist hotspots losing their sanctity - I felt that way about the Notre Dame - but honestly, I'd truly recommend going to the Blue Mosque. Also, in contrast to the old Catholic churches of Europe, the Blue Mosque exudes a kind of warmth, and I think that definitely adds to how special it made me feel. It's all very well to frighten Medieval worshippers into submission with austerity, but I think us modern folks connect more to a warm, friendly and welcoming air, like that in Istanbul's Blue Mosque. In fact, all Muslim places of worship that I visited while in Istanbul and surrounding areas were EXTREMELY special. Actually, the churches were pretty special too. One of the amazing things about Turkey, Istanbul in particular, is how the three major monotheistic faiths intersect so beautifully! I could really feel everyone's love and support and genuineness, and even a personal closeness with God!

I live in South Africa, and here we don't have many spiritually enhancing churches. Most of our churches/temples/Mosques are very plain and utilitarian, built more for purpose than ambience. I'd love it if we had more Catholic or Orthodox ornately decorated churches, since I think that definitely adds to the atmosphere. I know that's not meant to be connected to the levels of spirituality I would feel, but for me it does. I don't feel extra special in a Baptist church.

Are there any special temples for you? 10 года 7 мес. назад #991

• Maybe
  • Maybe аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Новый участник
Doctor who пишет:
You know the greatest disappointment for me was Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem?
I thought that it will be extremely great place with strong energy, but I felt nothing in there just interesting historical place
Ooo, it is so strange. I was the suppressed by the greatness of the Holy Sepulcher in Jerusalem.
There I experienced the extraordinary rise of the spirit and a sense of inner purification.
This is palace is full of spirituality and you can felt God's power.
But I do agree that you have to find a place where you will feel that is definitely your place.
It doesn’t have to be famous place or big place with rich decoration it is just has to be "your place".

Are there any special temples for you? 10 года 7 мес. назад #1001

• Kokoro
  • Kokoro аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Новый участник
  • Better late than never
  • Спасибо получено: 1
I have never felt any spiritual purification or even calmness in churches or temples. But once I visited the Japanese rock garden Ryoanji . It is not a temple but this garden is the only place where I felt existence of God. Time ceased, I couldn’t think about any day-to-day duties, my obligations or any worldly goods. My mind was not on Earth, my soul rose to Heaven. I felt so much light inside me and all my thoughts were only about God.
I sat there for a whole day, but for me it was like one minute. One minute of extraordinary calmness, confidence and spiritual opening.
After that I tried to visit different places, tried meditation, but nothing could bring me the same.
I hope one day I’ll visit this wonderful place one more time (or even several times) to find something more inside me and outside as well. :blush:
The way is not in the sky. The way is in the heart.

Are there any special temples for you? 10 года 5 мес. назад #1304

• Lilly
  • Lilly аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Новый участник
I always admired gothic cathedrals, but i have realized how small they make you feel and thats rather uncomfortable, only when i got into Santa Maria del Mar in Barcelona. I lived nearby for a while and used to come there very often. It really impressed me how joyful the space feels to you. It’s simpler, not so dramatically decorated as Notre-Dame de Paris, for example, it doesn’t have gold everywhere, it’s just plain and simply beautiful. It makes you feel much less supressed. But i think what makes the real difference is that its wide and spacious. Normally all the gothic cathedrals are quite claustrophobic, in a sense that there is no space to be except for on a bench or in a narrow isles between the benches. Here you feel you can dance around. And why not to dance and feel joy in a temple of God? :silly: It was really a place for me to come to restore my energy balance and to come to piece with myself and the Universe.

Are there any special temples for you? 10 года 5 мес. назад #1393

• Lady bird
  • Lady bird аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Новый участник
The best place for me is a small church near my home.
It is impossible to find more spiritual and bright place for me.
I rest the soul of every time when I'm there. I've been to a lot of places but couldn’t find the better place.
  • Страница:
Работает на Kunena форум