ТЕМА: Why does a person need religion?

Why does a person need religion? 10 года 9 мес. назад #890

• Doctor who
  • Doctor who аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Осваиваюсь на форуме
  • Спасибо получено: 2
So, why does a person need religion?
From the ancient times people have been creating Gods.
In the beginning it was just a wish to explain nature of different events, e.g. sun, wind, rain and others. People were scared of all these manifestations of natures and manifestations of nature of Gods helped them to fill more secure (they could ask something from God or make sacrifice)
Later people started to wonder about sence of living and explaining what is after death. And religion also helped in it.
And what now? Has something changed?
Are people nowadays believe just to explain mysteries of life and to be sure that they will be existing after their death. Or people now are looking for something more deep: explaining of our existence, finding of answers on philosophic questions, cognition secrets of life?
Администратор запретил публиковать записи.

Why does a person need religion? 10 года 9 мес. назад #897

• Purple_Rain
  • Purple_Rain аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Новый участник
  • Спасибо получено: 2
There are many reasons why people need religion. First of all, religion brings people together and helps them to live in large groups peacefully and without continuous fighting (I agree -that works not always, but in a lot of cases). It makes people to feel when all believe in same thing. Believers often help to each other or to somebody who needs help. The main thing is - the person feels that he or she is not alone, and it is a very valuable thing, especially nowadays.

Another reason of religion is belief in afterlife. Almost all religions have it in their concepts. That gives hope – another main thing for people, and hope to justice. People believe that in heaven they will get everything they had not in real life, they hope to meet their beloved died relatives there. And else they believe that people who make evil will be punished in hell.

Religion also helps to find the decision in difficult situations happened in life and help to overcome it as well as helps to find the answers on the philosophic questions. Some religions have practical aspects such as the rules of nutrition or exercises for body to achieve the physical health – for example, yoga or vegetarianism in Hinduism.

I think there are much more reasons why people need religion. Personal reasons are very interesting too, would be good to know them!

Why does a person need religion? 10 года 8 мес. назад #915

• franc
  • franc аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Новый участник
  • Hi!
  • Спасибо получено: 1
Hello! For answering this question I would like to begin from the person description.
What does represent a human being and what goods are necessary to him?
A person consists from a physical part (body) and moral part (soul, his thoughts, expectations and principles)
His body needs to be healthy and this need is accomplished by consuming food, water, air and other things which are necessary.
If we speak about the soul, it will be a little bit harder to describe it. It contains a lot of undisclosed emotion desires and wishes, but every person should trust in something. The need to trust is natural and it belongs to everybody. Here the religion takes its space.
I think religion tries to fulfill our soul, but it is very hard to understand where are our personal believes and where are the believes which other people want to introduce in our soul.
We should check every principle and every idea we believe in, because in other way we can be very easy manipulated. So I continue to keep on my idea that religion and our personal believes are different things and we should distinguish between them when we do some decision or when we try to accept something new in our mind.

Why does a person need religion? 10 года 6 мес. назад #1346

• Torra
  • Torra аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Новый участник
  • Спасибо получено: 1
In my belief a person needs religion because it gives him the Strength. Nowadays there are many people who live difficult life. I don`t even speak about those who live in slums.But also they, especially they do need religion to feel that they are strong enough to do all their best to overcome all the obstacles on their life-path. Anybody would not be able to awake another day without feeling himself strong. Every day we open our eyes and we are ready to seize this day.Why? Because we have the strength. And it does n`t matter how people call their God. The principle thing remains constant: we do live in difficult world and we are strong to survive here because we derive strength from the God.We know that there are such moments in our life when we are exhausted and even don`t want to live. Where from do we have support? Religion. It gives us the Strength to rise from our knees and to go further. I think it`s easier to live with the real understanding of God in the heart. Because if you don`t believe where from will you get the Strength?..
There is nothing more important then your own life

Why does a person need religion? 10 года 6 мес. назад #1484

• 1234567 аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Новый участник
  • Still believe...
First of all I would like to pay your attention that in terrible and scary situation even an atheist is talking to God. This fact easily proves that religion is really supportive and helps people to stay calm and manage their emotions and fear in the most difficult situations. If you know prayer it helps you to avoid stress and release your soul from troubles and pain.
If talk widely, religion helps us not forget that we are not the only one in the world. It reminds us about our humanity. People often forget that they are human beings in terms of war or any other aggressive acts. It gives us all necessary rules and rites to live good life which is full of deep meaning. Religion provides us with answers to almost any questions!
I do believe we need it now more than ever as nowadays people look like more perplexed as never before. :)
Best,

Why does a person need religion? 10 года 5 мес. назад #1568

• Steven Redclife
  • Steven Redclife аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Осваиваюсь на форуме
Doctor who пишет:
And what now? Has something changed?
Are people nowadays believe just to explain mysteries of life and to be sure that they will be existing after their death. Or people now are looking for something more deep: explaining of our existence, finding of answers on philosophic questions, cognition secrets of life?
It depends greatly on each person. Some people live only to eat, drink, have fun and make more money. Now it's not like the old days...In the past folks really believed in superpowers, were seeking God, his will - they were afraid of him, were afraid to sin! However now you can hardly find a man or a woman with such strong beliefs.
And I don't know why it is so...It's really sad.
The values have been replaced... :(
I've even heard people say that they don't want to die, because they will be short pleasure! Even don't think about what's gonna happen after they die. Well, maybe they do, but I don't know, today the fact that someone believes in God or afterlife is somewhat shameful. It has acquired that connotation.
Some people create their own storms, then get upset if it rains.
Последнее редактирование: 10 года 5 мес. назад от Steven Redclife.
  • Страница:
Работает на Kunena форум