Добро пожаловать, Гость
Логин: Пароль: Запомнить меня
  • Страница:

ТЕМА: What role does religion play in your life?

What role does religion play in your life? 10 года 10 мес. назад #730

• St. Patrick
  • St. Patrick аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Осваиваюсь на форуме
kirill22, you are right; there are many other sources of information and knowledge in the world. There is, however, certain difference between religious knowledge and other kind of training. In my opinion, religion provides ideas taken for granted not explaining exactly why a certain practice is good and why other habits are bad. On the one hand it is good, because it has a higher authority and saves time; on the other hand, for many people a certain explanation would be helpful. I think it would be hard for someone to promote certain ideas to educated people without explaining why they should follow certain practice.
Администратор запретил публиковать записи.

What role does religion play in your life? 10 года 9 мес. назад #750

• Doctor who
  • Doctor who аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Осваиваюсь на форуме
  • Спасибо получено: 2
hello
I'm just looking for my way in life.
And I'm trying to get to know with all kinds of religions to find the most appropriate for me.
Because it's impossible to live without belief in soul.

What role does religion play in your life? 10 года 9 мес. назад #756

• franc
  • franc аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Новый участник
  • Hi!
  • Спасибо получено: 1
Hello! This question raise for me a lot of other ones. For example such questions like:
1. Why do we belive in a spiritual person?
2. Why do so many conflicts apeear around this subject?
3. What do we expect from our believes?
At first question I guess the answer is in our soul and it will be different for every person. If you want to know my opinion, I can say that my believes make me feel that I am not alone. It gives me a hope that all will be right and everybody will receive what he deserves.
The second question is also about personal opinions. I think that they are the main reason of conflicts which apear and the only solution is to be more tolerant to other views and believes.
And the third question is the one which sould give us a kind of motivation. What do we expect? Or it will be better to ask if we should expect something? I think religion is not about expectations, but it is about our believes and confidence. We can not search for some benefits from it, it is just in our soul.So everybody must do its personal conclusions.

What role does religion play in your life? 10 года 9 мес. назад #834

• Purple_Rain
  • Purple_Rain аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Новый участник
  • Спасибо получено: 2
I think that religion gives power to overcome the difficulties. Whatever even it seems impossible in some time you can do. How Whitney and Mariah have singed – “Who knows what miracle you can achieve when you believe.” The main thing is that it really works.

I think that originally religion helped to prevent people from doing bad things, other way they were afraid from possible going to hell. Of course, that will not help to be good to every people, especially nowadays, but I think that it works somehow too. Moreover, religion joins people together. Nowadays it is also less important it seems.

So, I think the main thing stays-to be powerful to overcome the difficulties and to be a good person because you believe.

What role does religion play in your life? 10 года 8 мес. назад #1088

• Madonna
  • Madonna аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Новый участник
  • Спасибо получено: 4
What role does religion play in your life? – answer
Hi!
I would like to express my humble opinion to this subject as well.
Religion has been in my life since I was born. My parents baptized me when I was 6 months and since then they taught me all the religious stuff. They read me Bible before going to bed every evening, we prayed before every meal, we visited church 2 times a month and of course we visited the temple when we had big religious celebrations like Christmas or Easter. I know all the rites and prayers which the religious person should know. But when I became an adult I realized that all religious acts and rites I did were nothing to me. I was empty when I prayed. I went to church because it was just a habit and it wasn’t connected with the God at all. Once I understood that there’s nothing spiritual in all that useless movements and I stopped praying and visiting church.
Some years later I also felt the need in God but also I knew I shouldn’t have looked for him in churches and I read different books, articles. I am still in search of my religion. But nowadays I pray every day because I want it and I need it, because I believe in God.
Mary

What role does religion play in your life? 10 года 8 мес. назад #1097

• Maybe
  • Maybe аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Новый участник
Religion is very important for it is a part of my soul.
I can't imagine my life without religion, without thoughts on religion themes, without visiting different temples.
But i cannot say that I believe in one definite God it's more like belief in Universe and in super intellect.
  • Страница:
Работает на Kunena форум