• Страница:

ТЕМА: magnetic therapy yay or nay?

magnetic therapy yay or nay? 10 года 6 мес. назад #1366

• juney
  • juney аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Новый участник
  • Спасибо получено: 1
As Breaking Bad once taught us in this (potentially unintentionally) hilarious scene, magnets are pretty amazing things. And human bodies have their own electromagnetic field. The nervous system and muscle contractions are all reliant on electromagnetic fields. The heart, being a muscle, emits the strongest electromagnetic field in the body. Magnet therapy relies on placing a big magnet (you can't just use your fridge magnes ;) ) close to the skin in order to "fix" the misbalanced electromagnetic field and decrease the pain incurred. Magnetic therapy has been shown to work wonders for diabetic neuropathy sufferers and osteoarthritis. However, aside from these scientifically backed up uses, some sources claim magnets can be used to help with everything from erectile dysfunction to mental health problems (including schizophrenia, obsessive compulsive disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder etc), chronic fatigue syndrome etc etc etc. I'm personally interested in the supposed helpfulness of magnets in reducing period pains. Although, this supposedly works by attracting the iron in blood cells, which is ridiculous seeing as how iron in our blood isn't in a magnetic form - we'd never be able to do MRIs or be around magnets if they were. But I'm willing to keep an open mind with the whole magnetic therapy thing, considering it has had scientifically proven benefits (which is more than you can say for most other alternative-type therapies, and, in fact, makes me think it doesn't belong in "alternative medicine" at all).

My mom once had magnet therapy for chronic pain in her arm, and says it didn't work at all for her. Considering the pain was neurological in nature, which is supposedly the very thing magnet therapy is geared towards curing, this doesn't greatly increase my faith in magnet therapy, for anything other than osteoporosis and diabetes related neurological pain. I know this is just an anecdotal incident and hardly speaks for magnet therapy as a discipline, and the fact that this is a 500 million dollar industry in the US alone, suggests that the lack of success my mom had is mostly incidental. So what do you guys think? Does magnet therapy work? For what? Have you ever tried it? Have you tried it for some of the "less commonly advised" issues it is purported to help, like period pain or mental health problems? I'm very interested to see if anyone can tell me more about this, and maybe advise whether I should try using magnets for cramps.

Another question I have, is what kind of magnet you used? I've heard of insole magnets, and bracelets, etc. What did you use? Are there massive magnets installed in hospitals? Does the size of the magnet have much bearing on how effective it is for treatment (I'm considering googling this, but I'd rather just ask, in case you guys know)?

Basically, what can you guys tell me about magnetic therapy?
Администратор запретил публиковать записи.

magnetic therapy yay or nay? 10 года 4 мес. назад #1809

• Cheeta
  • Cheeta аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Новый участник
  • Спасибо получено: 1
It is really cool therapy. You need just lay in special device and enjoy it for 15 minutes. It is not going to be cold or warm. In some cases you may hear noise but not too loud.
Such therapy is really helpful after being operated as it helps tissues and bones to restore as soon as possible.
I also heard that magnetic therapy helps in treating serious diseases like cancer.
My dad used this therapy to decrease his blood pressure as he doesn’t like to take pills and I should say the magnetic therapy does help him.
So in general I would say, “Yay”
But if you have low blood pressure, than “Nay” ;) ! You will have terrible headache and feel giddy after that.
The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in.

magnetic therapy yay or nay? 10 года 4 мес. назад #1882

• Osa
  • Osa аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Новый участник
I know about magnetic therapy not much, but that I know says me that it is arguably. Some people say that magnetic therapy is very effective method; another one says that it isn’t, and I don’t know who to believe. But in the internet it is a lot of information about this.
First of all magnetic therapy is a group of methods of alternative medicine. And from here it is already starting controversy. Some people do not trust alternative medicine, and consider only the traditional medicine right, while others absolutely do not perceive doctors and modern medicine and give preference to alternative medicine.
So magnetic therapy isn’t considered a science in the global medical community. It seems like pseudoscience. Generally magnetic therapy is recognized by some countries such as Russia and some not recognized like America.
But the World Health Organization considers that we don’t have enough information for doing conclusion. It wasn’t done enough test and experiments, because it is a long term project and we have to examine it from all sides, how magnetic therapy will affect on human health.
Those who practice magnetic therapy say that the impact of a static magnetic field has a positive effect on human health, but in Western countries, with their advanced system of clinical equipment, it is common opinion about the impossibility of the claimed positive effects of magnetic therapy.
Fields that are used in the treatment of magnetic therapy are variables and constants. Both of them are used in the treatment.
People who support magneto therapy consider, that it has a therapeutic effect like anti-inflammatory, a decongestant, painkiller, restorative, hypotensive, but to perform this procedure there are contraindications. And we have to follow them.
But in general I think we should be very careful with our health and do not do much alternative medicine. And when we do, we have to do it under the supervision of experienced people who know the area that we are doing.
Health is a very dangerous thing. It is very easy to lose it. And when we doing something that can harm our health we have to be very careful with it. We don’t know how magnetic therapy effect on our body and it is not good.
In my opinion that it is better not to do that can harm you. So I'm more on the side of Western medicine, and generally believe that traditional medicine, probably the most effective.
You know what to expect from it and you know how it effect on your body. For example, when you drink a pill you know what you have to fill, if it analgesic, you will fill better, if you want to clean the stomach and drink appropriate pill, may be you will feel not so good at the beginning, butter later everything will be okay. But it is only my opinion, and my experience, maybe I am wrong and we have to try something new, regardless of the consequences. It is choice of everyone.
hi
  • Страница:
Работает на Kunena форум