• Страница:

ТЕМА: Christianity and other religions - similarities

Christianity and other religions - similarities 10 года 3 мес. назад #1910

• Claire
  • Claire аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Новый участник
HI!

I'd like to open a new topic. I'd like you to write here similarities that you noticed in Christianity and other religions.
I'll start with...zoroastrism!
I've recently stumbled upon an article which described what Zoroastrianism says about afterlife and soul and I was quite surprised, because in their belief there are some similarities with Christians'.

Zoroastrianism states that the spirit, called in this religion urvan, stays on earth for three days before going either to heaven or hell. The same is in Christianity, which states that the dead's man soul stays only for 3 days on the earth and then waits for the great judgment day.

That's really interesting because I think there are links between all the religions. And, as a matter of fact, religion is not the most important thing. What does matter is that we help each other and love each other.
Live your life now.
Последнее редактирование: 10 года 3 мес. назад от Claire.
Администратор запретил публиковать записи.

Christianity and other religions - similarities 10 года 3 мес. назад #2024

• Elf
  • Elf аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Новый участник
I would like to tell in our days t is become known that Christianity has similar myths or legends that were in Babylon and Egypt long before Christianity appeared.

I read that the they found drawings depicting a tree on one side of which was a man and on the other a woman. There were round fruits on the tree, to which they stretched their hands, and behind the woman there was a big snake. It’s very similar to the Adam and Eve in the paradise, is not it? And also they found the evidence that in the old Babylon there was a legend about the great flood. Can it be so that the Jewish people adopted these myths?
Cults of Osiris (Egypt), Orpheus (Greece), Attis (Rome), Zoroaster and Mithra (Persia, Rome) and many others were based on the same scheme of the incarnation: the miraculous birth of the Divine Child from the Virgin, then suffering and death for love for the people, descent into hell , resurrection of the body and ascension. ..
Christians got their cross from the Egyptians. The Christian cross very similar to Egyptian ankh symbol but it is transformed.
Ankh is depicted in the Book of the Dead. On several pictures it is hold by the hands of the Egyptian gods and pharaohs. Holding the ankh, the Egyptians made processions, exclaiming: «Osiris is risen!». By the way, Osiris, just like Christ, was born at the winter solstice on December 25. Then he was killed and resurrected.
Christians believe the cross is «life-giving», rather than a symbol of death. But this is just the meaning of the Egyptian ankh.
And we can find more of such interesting matches.
Администратор запретил публиковать записи.
  • Страница:
Работает на Kunena форум