Логин: Пароль: Запомнить меня
  • Страница:

ТЕМА: Chiropractic: what to believe?

Chiropractic: what to believe? 10 года 6 мес. назад #1303

• Lilly
  • Lilly аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Новый участник
Nowadays Chiropractic is very very popular and though being controversial topic among scientists there are many people that claim to be healed by it. One of my friends got really obsessed with it after a few visits, she had back pains ever since i remember her and she says it really brought her a significant relief. But i am being very skeptical due to what i have heard about it before.

I know that the basic idea of classical chiropractic is that "subluxations" or joint dysfunctions are the cause of most medical problems. This joint misalignment interferes with nerve signals from the brain, thus we don't function as we really should. However, there is no scientific evidence for spinal subluxations, and there is no research that could prove that vertebral subluxation can be the cause of disease or health concerns.

The founder of chiropractics Palmer even claimed that he cured a deaf man by manipulating his spine. :blink:

But still most of the people go to chiropractics to alleviate the back pains, so i was wondering whether the manipulation is any more effective than a back rub or simple amateur massage or...even time. One is likely to seek a chiropractor when one's pain is most severe. Natural regression will usually lead to the pain lessening after the treatment, and it might be no connection between the two?

Also, I think its attractive to people because its holistic and they see no danger or side effects in it. Its a much easier choice than taking serious drugs or do a surgery. Less expensive at the same moment (though all the sessions in total could cost you as much as any medical treatment). But i am afraid that the real danger in that is that when bringing the placebo effect it doesn't really deal with your problem, and by choosing chiropractics you can just give your problem all the time in the world to grow into something more serious.
Последнее редактирование: 10 года 6 мес. назад от Lilly.
Администратор запретил публиковать записи.
  • Страница:
Работает на Kunena форум