ТЕМА: Why do people become atheists?

Why do people become atheists? 10 года 8 мес. назад #757

• franc
  • franc аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Новый участник
  • Hi!
  • Спасибо получено: 1
Hello! I ask this question to find out the main reasons and motivation of people who decide to not believe in somethink spiritual. I am sure that there are a lot of reasons and every reason will be different and personal, but I guess here are some common ideas and motivations.
As I noticed from my life experience (I have a friend who is atheist) such people went in their life though a problem and they were disapointed in their believes. They have been in an unfair situation which changed considerable their mindset.
What about me? I understand them. I think everybody has the right to believe or not believe.
Another reason can be in the situation when a person felt manipulation from religion institutions and he doesn’t trust it any more. Such cases happen a lot of times and I also agree with their decision, because you can not trust something or somebody who lied to you or who manipulated your mind.
As a third reason we can put national policy, as it was in USSR. Here the religion was in a special category being not unlawful, but also not allowed.
So we see, there are a lot of reasons and every person has the right to decide, as I mentioned.
Администратор запретил публиковать записи.

Why do people become atheists? 10 года 8 мес. назад #761

• Bo-Bo
  • Bo-Bo аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Новый участник
  • Credo quia absurdum
Hi everybody!
I met a lot of people who deemed themselves as atheists; they say they don’t believe in any god because believing without evidence is just foolishness. They don’t trust existence proofs or any paper sources, they truly believe that all religions are fake, and they exist only because people need to believe in something. Many of my close friends do not believe in God and they deem themselves as atheists. But after talking a lot about Gods, religion and etc, we’ve found out that most part of them do not believe in God, but they believe in Universe, they believe that everything is connected and there is something or someone who rules the world. I think everybody has such acquaintances. And my question is: Are they real atheists?

Why do people become atheists? 10 года 8 мес. назад #763

• Doctor who
  • Doctor who аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Осваиваюсь на форуме
  • Спасибо получено: 2
I think people don't feel difference between atheists and agnostics.
As far as I understand atheists believe in nothing, they think that life is just а fleeting flash in dark of the non-existence and world is only managed by the powers of physics, but agnostics just do not believe in recognized Gods, but they believe in some mistery of Universe, in existence of some higher powers. So a lot of agnostics call themself as atheists because they don't know the difference in the terms. It seems to me that there are very little people that can be named as a real atheists.
Спасибо сказали: Bo-Bo

Why do people become atheists? 10 года 8 мес. назад #770

• Bo-Bo
  • Bo-Bo аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Новый участник
  • Credo quia absurdum
:ohmy: I suppose you are right! My friends look like more agnostic than atheist. As far as I can understand agnostic is the one who believes in God, but doesn’t believe in God as a person (Jesus, Allah). What about Buddhism? There is no personal God (Buda himself is not a God, but a founder of the Buddhism as far as I know). Can agnostic be the follower of Buddhism?

Why do people become atheists? 10 года 8 мес. назад #779

• Tracey
  • Tracey аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Новый участник
As far as I know, agnostics generally tend not to believe in organized/formal religion(s), but believe in a higher power of some sort. A cornerstone belief to being agnostic is acknowledging that you will never know what that higher power is exactly. I honestly don't know enough about Buddhism to know if they could be classified as agnostics, but given it is an organized religion and one that you can directly identify with, it seems largely pointless to identify as a Buddhist Agnostic. I think all of Agnostic is basically a label you slap on yourself/someone if you're not sure what the exact beliefs of that person are. I agree with the earlier post that many so-called atheists are agnostic. I think it all comes from the desire to "identify" with something, though, and to fit a little societal box.

I think many people stray from religion at various points in their life, and then, at other points feel close to a faith. I think that's just a natural part of human nature. The problem is modern society doesn't let you "stray" without sticking another label onto you, which, to me, is a problem. Let people believe whatever they want. If it doesn't make sense to YOU it doesn't mean it doesn't make sense to HIM/HER, and, in the end, that's all that really matters. :)

Why do people become atheists? 10 года 4 мес. назад #1819

• Steven Redclife
  • Steven Redclife аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Осваиваюсь на форуме
Some of my friends also name themselves atheists. However they do believe in some Powers and even in aliens :))
They also got disappointed in religion, in religious people, especially they see all these links between religion and politics and all this manipulation of masses.
Some of them lost one of their parent and they cannot believe why such a good person like their mother or father passed away so early.
They have many questions. For example: wy there is so much evil in the world if we claim that God exists? Why doesn't he help people in need and so on.
I think these are some of the main reasons why people cease to believe in God.
Some people create their own storms, then get upset if it rains.
  • Страница:
Работает на Kunena форум