• Страница:

ТЕМА: Who is agnostic?

Who is agnostic? 10 года 8 мес. назад #876

• Jones
  • Jones аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Новый участник
  • Спасибо получено: 2
Agnostic considers impossible to understand the truth about God’s existence or eternal life. Or he considers it is impossible right now, but he doesn’t deny it will be possible in future.
Agnostic isn’t an atheist. Atheist like Christian supposes that it is possible to know if God exists or not. To Christian’s mind God exists, to atheist’s mind God doesn’t exist. Agnostic abstains from judgment saying that there are not enough evidences to prove or disprove God’s existence. But at the same time agnostic can suppose that God’s existence is not impossible but it is likely possible.
Agnostic doesn’t have solid opinion what is right and what is wrong like Christian for example. He tries to refrain from any judgment. If talk about sin, agnostic thinks this term is useless. Of course agnostic considers some actions desirable or not desirable but he suppose that punishment for not desirable actions must be correction of this action. He thinks that person should not be punished only because evil must suffer.
Do you agree with this point of view?
Администратор запретил публиковать записи.

Who is agnostic? 10 года 5 мес. назад #1406

• 1234567 аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Новый участник
  • Still believe...
Hi! I have already asked in the topic called “What is deism” and I also would like to ask you. What is the difference between agnostic and deist? After thoroughly reading both topics I have seen no difference. Can you help me to understand?
Best,

Who is agnostic? 10 года 4 мес. назад #1751

• Jess
  • Jess аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Новый участник
1234567 пишет:
Hi! I have already asked in the topic called “What is deism” and I also would like to ask you. What is the difference between agnostic and deist? After thoroughly reading both topics I have seen no difference. Can you help me to understand?

I found a very intresting quotation in Internet.
An Atheist is "without God".
An Agnostic is "without Revelation".
A Deist is "without Alternative".

Maybe this is the best explanation of the differences between these three terms.
A deist believes there is a God who created all things, but does not believe in His superintendence and government. He thinks the Creator implanted in all things certain immutable laws, called the Laws of Nature, which act per se, as a watch acts without the supervision of its maker. Like the theist, he does not believe in the doctrine of the Trinity, nor in a divine revelation.
The agnostic believes only what is knowable. He rejects revelation and the doctrine of the Trinity as “past human understanding.” He is neither theist, deist, nor atheist, as all these are past understanding.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart.

Who is agnostic? 10 года 4 мес. назад #1753

• Tony
  • Tony аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Новый участник
Who is agnostic? Today the meaning of the word has changed. In modern language agnostic of a person who doubts regarding religion. From his point of view clarification of the nature of a God with modern religious teachings is unconvincing. He does not deny the existence of a certain divine, but he is not ready to accept it as an absolute concrete reality, as the available evidence is not enough. For agnostics question, what exactly is the divine principle remains open, they believe that someday we'll know.
It is necessary to emphasize the fundamental difference between agnostic and atheist. Atheist is a believer. Do not be surprised. Atheist believes that God does not exist and they believe in the material world around us. As far as I read the proportion of atheists in the world is about 7-10% , but the number of agnostics in the world increases every year.

Who is agnostic? 10 года 2 мес. назад #2202

• Julmerk
  • Julmerk аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Новый участник
Agnosticism - training, coupled with radical doubt the human ability to truly know the world. To indicate the position of the British naturalist T. Huxley in 1869 introduced the term "agnosticism". The roots of this position going into the depths of centuries.
Agnosticism can be considered an expression of initial disorientation man in the world, that is, in an abstract environment that incorporates all possible local environment habitat, which would be content with a purely animal existence.
Primitive forms of agnosticism arising from the discovery of imperfections, the variability of knowledge. This problem is particularly concerned primary reason of all things: already at an early stage of development philosophy was offered a large amount of options for picture of the universe, each of which was based on a specific set of fundamental principles or one of them, but none of the options are issued quite logically compelling. This realization gave rise skepticism, and its extreme form of agnosticism made ​​- essentially denying the possibility of penetration of the mind of the true nature of things.

Founder of ancient skepticism, Pyrrho (about 365 - 275r.BCE) believed reliable sensory perception (if something seems bitter or sweet, the corresponding statement is true). He noted that there is a misconception as to the phenomena we are trying to go to his foundation, essence. All sorts of assertion about the subject can be contrasted with the equal right of statements that contradict it. It is this line of thought led to the conclusion that we should refrain from final judgments.
I want to answer the question of why God gave Eve to bite the apple. ahead to say that I am not a religious fanatic, not zealous practitioner. God creates or man gave her a choice - people knew about the ban, but was itself the right to decide - to live her carefree paradise or try to become a God and bite the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. This deeper meaning - for christian beliefs we created by the likeness of God, and from the very beginning of our existence we have a choice. So live and inert rely on the will of God - not quite true opinion. We know the commandments themselves and build their lives by choosing behaviors, observance or non-observance of the commandments.
  • Страница:
Работает на Kunena форум