• Страница:

ТЕМА: the main thesis of Advaita Vedanta

the main thesis of Advaita Vedanta 10 года 4 мес. назад #1826

• nuzker
  • nuzker аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Новый участник
  • Спасибо получено: 1
Advaita Vedanta is a Hindu philosophy system, the most known kind of Vedanta. The main thesis is: “Brahman is real, the world is unreal, djiva (your soul) and Brahman are the same things". Many Hindu think that in particular Advaita Vedanta is natural, logic and the most exact interpretation of Upanishad. If you will ask who is Brahman, I can answer you: it is the meaning of absolute, “the soul of our world”, a fundamental principle of everything we have in our world.
I would like to make you think about this thesis. I am sure there are people on this forum who like philosophy. I would like to hear your thoughts about this thesis. What do you think about it?
That the world is unreal, the person`s soul and the world`s soul are the same things.
It is the rule of rules, and the general law of all laws, that every person should observe those of the place where he is.
Администратор запретил публиковать записи.

the main thesis of Advaita Vedanta 10 года 3 мес. назад #2056

• jellyfish
  • jellyfish аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Новый участник
I did not read the Advaita Vedanta. How can be that the world is unreal? I can see it, I can touch it and I have other feelings. I cannot agree with this thesis. I can feel my soul (I hope so), but I cannot feel the soul of the world. May be only persons who have reached enlightenment can understand it.

the main thesis of Advaita Vedanta 10 года 2 мес. назад #2540

• Msn19
  • Msn19 аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Новый участник
Well to me it is also quite hard to see that a person’s soul and the world’s soul are the same things! We live in a world comprised of so many people! And everyone is different, so how souls of all the people and that of the world can be the same? And actually what it means the soul of the world? Does it mean that nature has a soul or what? And after its death it is gonna be saved or go to the hell? I heard about people having souls, but nit the world as a whole. And as to the idea about the world being unreal, it looks like a fantasy from some movie, a matrix e.g. If I am right this idea was present in this film. There are so many different kinds of philosophers and philosophies in the world that you can’t keep up with all of them. And when it comes to believing them as an absolute truth, then I would be careful. A man’s mind is full of shortcomings, not all ideas and thoughts are right. If to believe the dogma of Advaita Vedanta, then what is actually real? If everything round us and everyone is a dream, a fake or whatever else but not truth according to this teaching. I am looking at my arm and I can feel it, how can it be not real? Maybe I should ask other people what they think – is my arm real? And they will probably send me to a mental clinic! Or will think I had some kind of a drug! Anyway perhaps we should ask the founders of this philosophy what they mean exactly by telling people that the world is not real and other questionable parts of their doctrine. Who knows maybe they have already changed their own minds themselves about these views as it often happens to people.
Memories of our lives, of our works and our deeds will continue in others.
  • Страница:
Работает на Kunena форум