Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What is yoga for you?

What is yoga for you? 10 years 1 month ago #2590

• Coko
  • Новый участник
I would like to ask those from you, who practice yoga. What does it mean for you? I have read many stories in net; I have heard many people were talking about it. But I still don`t know is it really worth to make yoga a part of my life?
Maybe you could help me.
I want to start to practice yoga. But I know, that people who begin to practice it, become to penetrate into the religion of yoga. They penetrate so deep, that they begin to travel to India, they began to eat, like yoga treats, they began to think the other way. I would like to practice yoga like a physical training. But I don`t want to be a part of India. I know several people, they began even to wear the other clothes. But I am satisfied with my style of life that I have nowadays. I am afraid to be involved so much, that even to forget about my own religion. So, if there are here people, who practice yoga, and who were not influenced too much by this art, to answer my question. Let me understand what is going on after you begin to practice yoga. Even when I begin to read how to do this or that exercise I see there is some information about the religion of Hindi, about their traditions. So ,it looks like, if I want to start practice yoga only in the healthy purposes, I will begin also to penetrate into the religion. Is it really true? Have you practices yoga? How was it? Are now the follower of your own religion or are you already a follower of religion Hindi, if you practice yoga?
Silence is the ultimate weapon of power.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What is yoga for you? 10 years 1 month ago #2594

• lorel
  • Новый участник
Coko, unfortunately I don't practice yoga. But I'm planning to do it. Because I have a friend of mine, and she is really into yoga. She is visiting yoga conference, has been practising it for a long time. And she says that yoga helps her be much more healthier, she fells much better, she is really slim inspite the fact that she is no on a diet at all. But I know her very well, and she is absolutely normal person and doesn’t look like chapelgoer. She eats meat (frankly speaking a lot of meat :), goes to church etc. I hope example of my friend was helpful for you.

What is yoga for you? 10 years 1 month ago #2600

• Pokemon
  • Новый участник
I've been practising yoga for a lot of time. For me yoga is just my life. Every day I experience some tests, training, challenge. If I treated all these things as I'm practising yoga it helps me very much in everyday tasks and challenges. Because in the first place I put a state of mind that I'm in, quality of my life, while the second place is goals that I want to achieve.

What is yoga for you? 10 years 1 month ago #2608

• Alaska
  • Новый участник
Do not be afraid of yoga! This harmonic, soft set of exercises for your body and head. It depends on you if you want to learn something more about its philosophy or not. If you are just interested in doing useful exercises- this is your choice and everyone will respect it. If you would like to know something more- you are welcome. There are a lot of literature and courses on this subject. That does not mean you should leave your work, wear the orange sari and meditate all day long. You even should not stop eating the meat if you are not ready to this. All depends of you.
You can add some more yoga in your life with help of beautiful music, tasty spices, smelling oils and some extra meditation if you want. If you do not need it you can just visit yoga classes two times a week and feel yourself happy with it.
Actually this is my personal example. I am visiting yoga classes two times a week during my lunch break. It helps me to relax, enjoy feelings of my stretching body, listen to nice music, sniff oriental smells and feel myself absolutely happy.
May be some furious yoga fans will say this is not a yoga, I do not care. The main thing is this harmonious feeling inside of me which I receive from these lessons.
I highly recommend everyone to practice this wonderful technique. If you do not like it you can always try something else. Try, seek, enjoy. This is our life and our responsibility to ourselves is to find things that can make us happy and to let it in our lives.

What is yoga for you? 4 years 5 months ago #3596

• tina31
  • Новый участник
I love yoga. This is my life.
Attachments:
  • Page: