Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What is yoga

What is yoga 11 years 1 week ago #491

• sek
  • Новый участник
  • Thank you received: 3
Most people have heard about yoga, but not all of them have the right idea of what yoga is. Many people still believe that yoga is when the person is tying itself in knots, sleeping on a bed of nails and so on. Other people associated yoga with cheap books on esoteric - astral, cosmic intelligence and other garbage. Well, all these people are wrong. I want to explain what yoga is.
In fact, the word yoga has several meanings. The basic meaning of the word "yoga" are assumed to be the following: concentration, curbing . Now is the time to sort out what needs to be reined in, to concentrate, and, finally, unity of what with what is going to happen. Any yogi confidently answers - it is a question of the unity of Atman and Brahman, that is the source of all being and its manifestation in a particular person. This is a reference to the universe. Perhaps not particularly deepen - everyone believes in what he is closer. Yoga is democratic. To practice yoga you do not have to become adept at a confession. Although, of course, it is undeniable that the original yoga really sprouted motivated Eastern spiritual teachings - Buddhism, Taoism and Hinduism. Advanced yoga accessing the mantra and visualization, of course, interested and religions. West has not always been easy to yoga. Meanwhile, yoga has never had anything against other faiths. But pure etymology, the word "yoga" has another meaning - much more obvious European. For most people, yoga is a kind of system of exercises and practices for the development of body and mind.

In "Yoga Sutra", the classic treatise on yoga, there is a definition that has become my moto. Yoga is termination fluctuations of the mind. This means that a person can learn yoga to free its mind from thoughts that disturb and distract it. Restless human mind and the surrounding bustle, and the notorious second "I" do not give a wake up gazing. Although, yoga believes that God is within each person.

Well, I will continue to follow the "Yoga Sutra". The author of this book - Patanjali. He first identified eight parts that make up yoga. This yama, niyama, asana, pranayama, pratyahara, dharana, dhyana and samadhi. Let's discuss each part of yoga in details.
Yama is the ethics of yoga. It is a mistake to believe that Yama is the commandments in the religious sense of the word. In fact, it is rather a practice of self-control - the development of the ability to understand their functioning in society, in a society. Pit - a rejection of violence, energy saving, relaxed attitude to things and truthfulness. Many people do not like it, that the energy savings for yogis and attitude to sex. In general, sex and yoga - a topic for another day. Be sure to come back to her.
Niyama is also a yoga prescription. This time it concerns the purity of the body - both external and internal. It is necessary, moreover, to be content with what you have. It is important to be persistent in practice, constantly learning, reading sacred texts. By the result of their work to take it easy and do not get attached to them, dedicating the ferus of labor Ishvara - higher intelligence.
Asana is a posture. It is one of the most common and well-known terms of yoga. The main thing in the pose is its reliability, stability. Asana is comfortable. To get it right, you need to relax and focus only on infinity. If a person is properly settled in asana, his body will not be affected by any external negative factors. Different asanas are for different purposes. Cleansing, harmonizing and strengthening the body postures are training and are responsible for the spirit of meditation. The latter, in particular, to the famous "lotus position" - the so-called "padmasana".
Pranayama - is yogic breathing. Yogis believe that person must regulate his breathing, to take possession of consciousness and wider perceive reality.
Pratyahara - yoga is the ability to draw in their attention. True yogi is able to distract from the perception of the outside world and immerse themselves in the interior.
Dharana - this is a person's ability to focus on what he does - to concentrate on practice, or object.
Dhyana - is even more deep concentration, and creating a constant flow of energy between the yogi and the object on which it needs to focus on.
Samadhi a is a process of engaging directly in the object with which it interacts. In the context of yoga - is the ultimate reality, the same God within. Need to immerse themselves in the subject. The word "samadhi" is translated as "achievements." In the yoga tradition, it is the eighth and final limb identified in the Yoga Sūtras of Patañjali.

Of course it is impossible to reflect all the details and nuances of each of the sections of the Yoga Sutras in one posting. But is you have any questions – ask – I’ll be glad to answer. :)
:)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What is yoga 10 years 1 week ago #2690

• MaKs_usa
  • Захожу иногда
  • Thank you received: 3
Until this time for me yoga really was a kind of system of exercises and practices for the development of body and mind (as you've mentioned too).
But I have one question: why the church doesn't advise to practice yoga?
It is very interesting to hear your position.
:)
Когда мы трудимся - мы работаем,
когда мы молимся - работает БОГ
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page: