Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: urine therapy?!?

urine therapy?!? 10 years 9 months ago #787

• Tracey
  • Новый участник
  • Thank you received: 1
In Ancient Rome, urine therapy was so commonplace that whole structures were built to collect urine and launder clothes in it. There was no soap in that time period, and urine was used to wash clothes and whiten togas. Apparently urine was also used to whiten teeth. These days, we get super used to hearing that urine is just waste and toxins, but advocates of urine therapy claim that it actually carries very refined nutrients, important enzymes and natural antibodies. Moreover, chemical analyses of urine have shown it contains chemicals that are approved for medicinal use by the FDA!! Ingesting or applying urine topically is said to help with acne, as an anti-cancer agent, relieve arthritis pains, relieve symptoms from diabetes, MS, herpes and improve fertility (in fact, many fertility treatments contain the same components as urine!) Sounds pretty great, right? And if you think this is far fetched, think of the most common cure to a jellyfish sting! You're supposed to pee on the affected area!

So why exactly haven't we heard more about this? Is it because society deems it a "taboo"!? Islam specifically forbids the consumption of urine, but not (to my knowledge at least) topical usage. Christianity and Hinduism actually encourage the use of urine therapy! What do you all think? Is it a no-no, or is it worth a try? Not for teeth whitening, maybe, but certainly to help with topical skin issues...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

urine therapy?!? 10 years 9 months ago #795

• Doctor who
  • Осваиваюсь на форуме
  • Thank you received: 2
Oh no :cheer: maybe it is really useful and helpful, but I can not imagine how to use it. It's so disgusting.
I think there are a lot of others good and helpful remedies to use.
And by the way if urine is so healthy and healing why our body gets rid of it?
I think body has to now what is good for it B)

urine therapy?!? 10 years 9 months ago #797

• Tracey
  • Новый участник
  • Thank you received: 1
I know, it does seem rather counter-intuitive, but this article really got me thinking about it as a possibility? According to this source, urine basically contains all the excess nutrients and such that your body didn't need at that exact moment. It makes quite a bit of sense, if you remember, say, that your body can only process around 500mg of Vitamin C at a time - the rest comes right back out. But a lot of people drink multi-vitamin/Vitamin C supplements that contain up to 1g of Vitamin C and more! So, well, you would need to excrete a bunch of substances that are potentially pretty good for you, and they would be pretty likely to come up in your urine. Now, while your body doesn't need it at this time, I could see how this would help deal with other issues you may be having? Particularly topical application for things like acne? Although, I'm not sure I'd be keen to put urine on my face, which is where acne would would be most likely to affect... I don't think I'd be likely to ingest urine, unless I was Bear Gryllsing it in the wild somewhere....

Out of all this, the only thing I'd pretty much definitely do is pee on a jellyfish/blue bottle sting. I've heard from a LOT of people that this is the best thing to do if that happens to you, and relieves the pain pretty much instantly.
Last Edit: 10 years 9 months ago by Hostadmin.

urine therapy?!? 10 years 8 months ago #1021

• Jenny
  • Новый участник
  • Our words have wings, but fly not where we would
  • Thank you received: 7
So there is none who can share his experience in urine therapy so I’ll do it. When I was a teenager I had terrible pimples all other my face. I tried various creams, lotions, cleaning stuffs, but nothing could help. My mom had some books about alternative medicine and one was about urine therapy. One evening I read it and it amazed me so much that next morning I was ready to try this method.
Even if you want to cure pimples on your face you need to drink urine, not just moister them with urine.
So I got up early when the whole family was still asleep. I peed into the glass. I looked at it for a while. It was bright yellow and smelled like vitamins.
I went to the bathroom and stood opposite the mirror I tried to convince myself that this would bring only relief to my face and I need to think about urine as a treatment. I counted till 10 and drank half a glass in a second. I swallowed it at once, but the taste! I’ll never forget it. It was like a dirty see water with small particles of dead animals. It was really terrible.
During a day I felt how the urine was coming through all organs of my body. My face didn’t become cleaner and I decided to try something more traditional for teenagers in treating pimples.
I heard that if you wanted to do it in a best way you should have used the urine of a baby, but unfortunately I didn’t have such an opportunity.
My urine had terrible taste. It was really disgusting! :sick:
Call me J ;-)

urine therapy?!? 10 years 8 months ago #1025

• Maybe
  • Новый участник
Janny, what an interesting story :) But you didn't say if it helped?
As for me I couldn't imagine what can force me do drink urine. It's so incredibly disgusting. I am absolutely sure that other remedy can be found. Now we have a lot of medicine as pills, ointment, antibiotics and other and I think they are more strong that urine. And the drinking of urine is for old people who are bored and want to entertain theyself. So please trust you doctor, but not some people even without medical education.
And their advice can harm you.

urine therapy?!? 10 years 8 months ago #1036

• Mr.X
  • Новый участник
Urine is not a remedy it is what our body tries to get rid of. :blink:
Ты лучше голодай, чем что попало есть.
И лучше будь один, чем вместе с кем попало.
Last Edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Mr.X.
  • Page: