Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What is Tibetan Medicine?

What is Tibetan Medicine? 10 years 8 months ago #712

• St. Patrick
  • Осваиваюсь на форуме
We hear a lot in numerous commercials about so called Tibetan Medicine. As far I know the great importance in Tibetan medicine is given to effects on the body of fresh air and sunlight and diet. The basis of the therapy was included use of natural resources of plant and animal origin (up to 1,000 drug names): They say: "There is no substance in nature, which could be used as a medicine." Teaching about medications is divided into separate disciplines: the taste of drugs, their absorption in the body their action, the principle of preparation. Unfortunately many producers not correctly use the name Tibetan Medicine just to sell their drugs
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What is Tibetan Medicine? 10 years 8 months ago #717

• nicker
  • Осваиваюсь на форуме
  • Nick
Firstly I want to notice that tibetan medicine is a very intersting subject to be discussed. Of course, it is intersting because a lot of people know about it and everybody has its personal opinion based on heard experiences of other people or on own, personal one. Here we should recognize the considerable role of commercial advertisments, different trainings, books, audio lessons and seminars on this topic. All these sources made tibetan medicine so popular and many people really trust in it. But does it help in practise? This question appears very often and we should find an answer for it.
I have a personal view at this subject and I have a personal opinion which I want to share with you. I believe that such medicine work, but not in european or american geographical zone. It is called Tibetan because its origins started in Tibet and I think it is effective only in that natural zone. Why? Firstly it is based on meditation and deep breath which is useful and has a curing effect in mountain places where air is clean and disconcentraited. The second reason is that the materials (grass, leaves) used for treatment can be found only in that area.

What is Tibetan Medicine? 10 years 8 months ago #718

• St. Patrick
  • Осваиваюсь на форуме
Good point that Tibetan medicine may be used only in certain geographic areas close to the original place. The question is what if we could bring certain herbs and substances from that area and would use it along with breath practice in Western countries? I personally think that of course it would be certain positive effect but we should not overemphasize it. First, that medicine was originally created for certain areas and would help over there only. Second, there is no real scientific data how effective this medicine is. I think the popularity of Tibetan medicine is caused by the fact that Tibet in the West is traditionally looks like a mysterious, magic place.
  • Page: