Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Discussing the scientology

Discussing the scientology 10 years 9 months ago #733

• KariAnn
  • Новый участник
Well, it is quite controversial religious movement, many people consider it as cult, and nowadays controversies are increased. Even elder members of this organization have agreed that scientology which was founded by L. Ron Hubbard was different, and this made them leave from the organization which is nowadays. Previously, according to the will of the founder of the organization, a person has to pay maximum amount of $ 75 (lifetime membership fee) to become a scientologist. However, new chairman David Miscavige has made from the organization the machine for everlasting fundraising and has changed its structure, for example, cancelled Watchdog Committee. Amount of donation can be thousands USD, often given by donator under pressure of other members of the organization. Religious matters, spiritual practicing is less important now.

There is a problem with worldwide members too, because French court has found the scientologists guilty of organized fraud; religion is banned in Germany and in many other countries. Many members in USA have left the organization after Paul Haggis, the Hollywood screenwriter and director.

As for me, I think that 99,9% of members flowing the religion because of Hollywood celebrities involved in that, first of all Tom Cruise and John Travolta. Have you other opinion?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Discussing the scientology 10 years 9 months ago #742

• Doctor who
  • Осваиваюсь на форуме
  • Thank you received: 2
I think Hollywood actors made this religion famous.
As for me I know it only because of Tom Crouse and others. But I don't understand why is it so popular among move stars?
How was the first of follows?
I read that a lot of actors got divorced because of this religion. So it means that this religion is extremely important for them
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page: