Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: End Of The World?

End Of The World? 11 years 4 months ago #372

• Idyllic
  • Новый участник
What are your thoughts about the end of the world? I do not think the world will end, but hope the world will end as we know it. I hope it will be a time we all connect with the Christ consciousness, a new age of love, caring and nurturing, which will cause tremendous peace on earth.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

End Of The World? 11 years 4 months ago #373

• Bicario
  • Новый участник
It seems every few years something new crops up that will result in the end of the world. I cannot even count how many times it has happened since I first graced the earth and I doubt it will stop anytime soon. As for the real end of the world I don't see it happened within my lifetime.
Last Edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Bicario.

End Of The World? 11 years 1 month ago #485

• CuriousCat
  • Новый участник
I agree with Bicario - there have been so many 'prophecies' about the end of the world throughout history that I don't think we really need to worry about them. I would like to think that any such prophecy refers to the end of one era and the beginning of a new. Like that old song, we're in the 'Age of Aquarius'..!

End Of The World? 10 years 9 months ago #840

• Tracey
  • Новый участник
  • Thank you received: 1
I don't think the end of the world is something we can 'expect' - or should 'expect'. We know the many dangers of human activity on Earth (pollution, depletion of natural resources etc.) and we know that this can bring about an end of civilization. I remember an article in the National Geographic a couple of years ago that said if the Earth heated up by just a couple degrees celsius, then the majority of current earthly species would become extinct. If the end of the world comes about in our lifetime, it's MOST likely going to be from human activity and our abuse of the planet. If, on the other hand, a meteor strikes the Earth or God decides to smite us (I don't think God's likely to do any smiting any time soon, but who knows, I suppose the whole point of smiting is its unpredictability), we're unlikely to really be able to do anything. And what would the use of this information be, anyway? What would we do with the knowledge that the world is ending? Would we run away to Mars?

I watched a film with Steve Carrell and Keira Knightley, which explored the idea of an impending end of the world, and how everyone goes crazy (orgies, hard drugs, abandoning loved ones). I think, aside from the fact that people WOULD react like that if the world really was going to end, the movie deals with a legitimate reason for WHY the end of the world is so appealing to us as a human race. It excuses otherwise foul behavior. Much like the whole idea of YOLO, you have a right to do things because our time on the planet (and everyone else's) is finite. I think that's why people are drawn to end of the world prophecies.

But personally, I don't think the world will end. And if OUR world ends, it is because we are destroying it.

End Of The World? 10 years 9 months ago #844

• Doctor who
  • Осваиваюсь на форуме
  • Thank you received: 2
Personally I don't believe in any "world ends".
How many of them were expected? How many people got cranky about it?
Some people even committed suicides.
As far as I remember the last one was world end of Maya Indians. Some of friends of mine were really scared.
And what do we see? The Earth is still safe and sound :)
But for me it is so strange that people believe in such things maybe for them it is some kind of horror movie in live. Just to tickle nerves. The main is to not get involved too much in this game..

End Of The World? 10 years 4 months ago #1757

• SkyBlue
  • Новый участник
  • Thank you received: 1
I think the end of the world can’t happen in one day as prophecy promise to us. It can’t be that today everything is good, but next day everything is destroyed. Even if something happens like storm or earthquake, it will be on one part of the world. The end of the world is a gradual process and now we live in this process. We are nearing the end of the world by pollution of the environment, depletion of natural resources, overpopulation. Every day we don’t thing about this, but world has crossed the line with a suitable amount of population a long time ago. Now a lot of people die of hunger and from the lack of fresh water. It is a end of the world, isn’t it?
Maybe it can happen a nuclear war and we are all going to die, but I hope, that people more reasonable and will not allow it. May be that our earth will be destroyed by a meteor or extraterrestrial civilizations, but I think it is a very little chance, more likely that we destroyed ourselves.
It may happen an environmental disaster or another ice age, but this is only our fault and we can stop the actions that lead to such consequences.
One more big problem is holes in ozone layer, which can lead to loss of breathable atmosphere. But again, this is our fault; we must stop using sprays and other actions that lead to the formation of holes in the ozone layer.
Also there are many long-term project about end of the world. One of them that in a few million years our universe will die, or the sun will go out or happens a collision of stars, but I think we will be able to destroy the planet ourselves, if we not change our way of life.
But I think we haven’t listen all these predictions, because at the last 100 years we was promised a lot of ends of the world, and we already gone through many of them and survive. Magic :)
I think we have to do only one thing. We have to love our planet!
:)
  • Page: