Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Pride

Pride 9 years 11 months ago #2835

• AGAta
  • Осваиваюсь на форуме
  • Thank you received: 2
I suppose the poem of Sandy Kulchyski is a good example of our thoughts about pride

Pride

Pride of, loving
Pride of, loving someone
Pride of, friends
Pride of, trying
Pride of, never giving up
Pride of, knowing I tried
Pride of, losing
Pride of, winning
Pride of, not crying
Pride of, crying
Pride of, my life
Pride of, living
Pride of, my past
Pride of, knowing what I want to do
Pride of, accomplishment
Pride of, self rights
Pride of, feeling fear
Pride of, performing
Pride of, acting
Pride of, graduating
Pride of, dreaming
Pride of, imagining
Proud of, being proud
Pride is it good or bad?

An old proverb says that pride is dying just a few hours after death.... :)
What dou think?
thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Pride 9 years 11 months ago #2842

• 78Tyr
Not sure if pride actually dies after death. Once you are dead, that’s it, no second chance! Pride just like any other sin in us in fact can it die at all? It might be still in us, just some people have conquered it and know how to manage it. And if people say claim that they have no pride at all then it doesn’t mean it is true. Just it hides somewhere deep and only not visible because it didn’t have a chance yet to show itself. If we are aware what horrible stuff we have even though not necessary obvious right now then we can fight with it and become a better person. When you are dead it is too late to get rid of pride or any other worldly attributes.

Pride 9 years 11 months ago #2847

• AGAta
  • Осваиваюсь на форуме
  • Thank you received: 2
78Tyr wrote:
Once you are dead, that’s it, no second chance! ...
When you are dead it is too late to get rid of pride or any other worldly attributes.

As for me, I agree that it is too late then to get rid of pride. We haven't any chance then. :( :( :(

That is why we need to engage with this issue during all our lifetime. Today I have found some interesting quotes on pride from different famous people/heroes:
We are rarely proud when we are alone.
― Voltaire
Pride makes us long for a solution to things – a solution, a purpose, a final cause; but the better telescopes become, the more stars appear.
― Julian Barnes, Flaubert's Parrot
He that is proud eats up himself: pride is his own glass, his own trumpet, his own chronicle.
― William Shakespeare
Pride is the mother of arrogance.
― Toba Beta, My Ancestor Was an Ancient Astronaut
Pride only helps us to be generous; it never makes us so, any more than vanity makes us witty.
― George Eliot, Middlemarch: A Study of Provincial Life
thanks

Pride 9 years 11 months ago #2851

• Kipar
  • Новый участник
Pride is an exaggerated opinion about yourself, unwarranted sense of superiority because of some talents, beauty, wealth, education, social status and more. Pride can be expressed in boasting, dismissive or cavalier attitude toward others. Self-importance can lead to that a person won't take corrective tips and won't be able to recognize his mistakes, apologize, change his points of view, he will fear for his prestige, or may encourage to the inclination to be overly offended by someone's words or actions.
Those who are driven by pride are constantly trying to belittle others, they are trying to show their own superiority. Such a person would speak rarely about someone with praise, but he will not fail to add some criticism.
  • Page: