Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What is happiness?

What is happiness? 10 years 1 month ago #2599

• Pokemon
  • Новый участник
What is happiness?
There are 2 different religious approach to this issue.
Buddhist religious leader the Dalai Lama thinks that the true purpose of life is search for happiness. He explained that according to his opinion happiness can be achieved as a result of mind training and acquiring of the correct position of the heart. Mind is the only tool needed to achieve complete happiness Dalai Lama thinks, he is sure that belief in God is optional for happiness obtaining.

Jesus had different views. According to the religious teaching he firmly believed in God and his teachings over the centuries has been continuing to affect the lives of millions. Jesus wanted people to be happy.

Jesus knew that the true happiness depends on relationships with others. People are social creatures by nature, so we can not be truly happy if we isolate ourselves from others or if someone constantly clashing. We are happy only when we feel that we are loved, and when we love others. Jesus taught that the most important thing in this kind of love is a relationship with God.

And what is happiness for you? And can we be happy without belief in God?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What is happiness? 10 years 1 month ago #2609

• Alaska
  • Новый участник
Very interesting topic! I think this question is as large as “what is the sense of life”.
None actually knows. We are so accustomed to wait for something that we forgot why we are waiting for it. We are trying to be a good child, to finish the school with a good rating, to get the diploma of prestigious university, to find a stable work, to get married, to buy a house, to born children. This is the recipe of happiness which was inherited us from our parents. But it does not actually work.
Living such a proper style of life many of us suffer constantly and feel themselves like total losers. This is because they do not feel this is really is their life, suitable for their character and interests. They feel they are doing a foreign job which does not give them satisfaction, they are trying to cater their boss or family wishes, forgetting about their own. Such kind of person is spending all his life in waiting: of the end of a workday, of weekend, of holiday, of salary, of pension. And all this time he is unhappy.
These short moments of freedom can not get him the feeling of happiness and are very fast forgotten in a everyday life which is full of duties and completing the foreign wishes.
I think that human can become happy only if he found by him own, what is making to feel happiness and to do this thing as often as he can allowed it. Of course, it can be some hobby, but the ideal is to do this action all day long, to make it your constant work. When person is doing something what he loves with all his heart he stops watching the watches and stops waiting for a better time. He just does not need better time. This concrete time is ideal for happiness. So this work is not considered as a work anymore- it is his life and his happiness!
It could be a wonderful world if everyone could do things what they love. Our Earth could be the place full of happy people, genius masterpieces and beautiful nature. I am sure humanity would become kindlier to each other and to their common home Earth if they were more satisfied with their lives.
I hope we will find some day the technique that can reveal human inclinations in the early childhood, when he is not yet influenced with parents and surroundings opinions. If the main motivation for choosing the future profession would be inducements of a heart, not the money or prestige, humanity would become much more happy. Of course, only one wiliness is not enough. In our material world we also need some material base for making the dream come true. In this field should work government or some social offices whose main responsibility would be to give opportunity to every child learn subject he is interested in and provide him first place of working. I suppose ouar generation also would use services of these offices, because the most part of us does not do what they really want. Other problem is that they also do not know what they would like to do and some of them even do not still understand what makes them feel so unhappy.
Nowadays society construction does not give opportunity to choose what man really wants. We have to hurry up constantly. To end your studies faster for starting earning the money, to get married earlier, because you can discover that all interesting people around you are already engaged, you have to born children faster before you are too old and sick for making it. We do not have time to stop and to think what are we doing with our brilliant lives. If we had we would discover that we are spending it for making someone richer and more powerful. We are changing our energy and our priceless life time to some little money and illusion of stability. This is not the way for happiness.
For being happy we should think with our own heads, listen to our own hearts, to fulfill our own wishes, to live our own unique life.

What is happiness? 10 years 4 weeks ago #2615

• rtemka
  • Новый участник
  • Live Life Laugh
A very interesting topic that you raised here. What is happiness actually? What does a human being need to be happy? Probably you have heard about Osho- indian mystic, philosopher and master. So he stated that happiness is as simple as breathing. That happiness actually does not involve any external subjects, materials or anything like that. That we simply can be happy right here right now, just because happiness is at the core of our nature. That is quite hard to understand how happiness can be the core of our nature. Bible teaches us that sin is at the core of our nature, so does Islam. But how happiness can be at the core of our nature? Some people simply cannot understand that and of course without understanding it nobody can realize it too. But he says that happiness is like breathing. That it lies within us because of nothing and despite everything. When I started meditating I started understanding that only after meditating. As it is known, meditation is such a state of being when you let each singly thought out and you sit totally in nothingness. You don’t feel your body, you don’t feel your mind, you just feel something that is very very soft, you feel unition with the universe. It is just your inner state and it is full of happiness. And at this moment, you are sitting alone, just with yourself. You don’t think about the cars and house that you may have, perfect relationships, you’re just happy. Maybe this is the true happiness that Osho talked about.
When I look around I see many times that people are actually unhappy. I think the reason for that is that people are never satisfied with what they have. It is not like they are not even satisfied, they do not want to be satisfied. They constantly set the goals which they have to achieve. And they think that they will be happy when they achieve them. But as soon as they achieve them, they do not feel satisfied again. They again feel unhappy. If thinking about life in that manner, life seems to be a very cruel thing. When happiness is just something short, coming and going, life seems very uninteresting and very uneasy thing. Maybe the true key in happiness is simply living with no expectations about what tomorrow brings but simply take life thankfully as it is with no judgement. People, I wish all of you to find your own source of happiness, that is because of nothing but despite everything. Be happy, smile and shine!!! All the best to you!

What is happiness? 10 years 4 weeks ago #2617

• regina
  • Новый участник
  • Счастье - просто
I think that happiness is petty different for everyone. For some people happiness is being rich, for some people happiness is to find love. For some happiness, is simply to reunite with their family. We are all different and each one of us carries a different baggage behind our bags. Therefore, everyone’s description of happiness differs from each other’s. Usually, how strange, but people find happiness always in the things that they lack. Buddhism states that greed is in the nature of a human being and that is the main reason why a person can’t be happy in his life. At some point I would agree with this. People are always striving for something that they do not have. And they get an illusion that as soon as they get it they will become happy. But they don’t. So then they set another aim and start running after it crazy.
Yes, that is probably main human foolishness always running… running for more money, for more status, for more relationships, for more sex, for more clothes. Always feeling like there is lack of something. But if taking a look at reality, ninety nine percent of the problems is created in the human mind and has nothing to do with the real situation. So let’s cherish today and be happy with it.

What is happiness? 10 years 4 weeks ago #2618

• lorel
  • Новый участник
As for me it's impossible to find one secret key to everyone's happiness.
People are so different and their ways of happiness obtaining are different too. Someone people can be happy only with their family and children, someone needs permanent self development to be happy and may many others variants exist. But as for me religion is one of the significant key to happiness. By means of religion you can receive answers when you need it, you can get advice and even appeasement. Also you can find there you way of mediation (praying is also kind of meditation) and spiritual practising. So people are different but being religious is uniting factor for happiness.

What is happiness? 10 years 1 week ago #2683

• FreeKor
  • Новый участник
I think, happiness is when you have the family. I suppose, God gives us a family and children. Happiness is the laughter of children, running round you. It is the smile of your partner, husband or wife, his or her kiss when you are leaving to the nearest store. Happiness is the home full of joy, peace and mutual understanding. Happiness is the feeling of peace and harmony with nature, with people around you, with the situations that are taking place round you. Happiness is to be yourself. If you could afford yourself such a privilege, you are happy! Be yourself!
When there is love, you can live even without happiness.
  • Page: