Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The price of communication

The price of communication 10 years 7 months ago #1202

• Sam
  • Новый участник
  • Happy!
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello! I think that everybody agrees, communication is vital for our soul. Nobody can live without it. When some events are happened we tend to share the information we know with other people. This process brings pleasure to us and raises our self esteem. When we discuss with somebody, we feel our importance.
But there is a problem. Not all people know how to discuss efficiently and productive. At the same time some people in general are afraid of communication and do it only when it is very necessary. So why does this difference exist? Why does some people are able to do it, but some not?
I think the biggest problem here is the deficiency of attention. There are not many people who can listen attentively to what other persons are speaking about. Here we should follow the principle: I to you, as you to me. If we want to be listened, we should listen, if we want to be respected, we should respect.
I am sure that every person is able to have a good communication skill, but for having it practice is necessary. Only practice will point out our mistakes and will mention our hidden pluses in it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The price of communication 10 years 7 months ago #1205

• The chosen one
  • Новый участник
As for me all people can be communicated in a very simple way (or rules, as you wish):
1 - to be sincerely interested in other people.
2 - To tell them that their work is very significance
3 - to remember their principles and problems
4 - Do not argue
5 - to use such rule - 80% listen to - 20% say
6 - to say things in which your interlocutor is interested about
7 - What does everyone want? - Empathy, it does not mean that the support, but means when a person tells a positive or negative things, she or he is waiting for approval from you and the corresponding emotions.
These rules work, regardless of age (unless you communicate with child 3 years old), race and nation.
I used all of these rules, and i can say that they all work, and people can speak with you for hours.

The price of communication 10 years 7 months ago #1237

• aubrielillian
  • Новый участник
I would like to share my opinion about why some people afraid to communicate. There is a proverb- a burnt child dreads the fire. Probably, in childhood such people had negative experience in communication, especially in school, or somewhere else –somebody insulted them or laughed, generally – behaved inadequate. What will you do, when somebody, whom you asked “what is your name”, will start do dance and sing “hari Krishna, hari Rama?” As the minimum, you will be shocked. And it is the neutral way of events – good that “somebody” did not say you something offensive. If person is adult, he or she can forget this inadequate individual in some minutes. What about small child? First experience to communicate gave shock, abuse, mental stress. Of course, he or she will avoid that, and, probably, it can be continued in adult life too.

However, if person is strong, it can be overcome. Or, this child being adult will avoid communication with those abusers he or she remembers from childhood. I know many such examples, when people don’t communicate with ex-classmates even after 20-30 years. I think they are right-why to communicate with them, if they are not interesting as people and sometimes underdeveloped as personality, only because they are the ex-classmates? I think nobody has to do that only because of this dubious merit. That would be better, if to communicate with your real friends, relatives, family, who really love you and whom you love. Even there are no special rules for that required, because both sides understand each other sometimes even without words!

As for communication with other people-at office, for example, I think there shall not be any close friendship at office, especially with bosses. Only good work is required. At least, because of secure reasons and not using personal information against you, in case, for example, firing.

The price of communication 10 years 6 months ago #1354

• A.Feld
  • Новый участник
In my belief, people who don`t communicate too much are of several types: those who are afraid and those who are not afraid. About the first type you have told , I wanted to add some thoughts about the second ones. There are also people who don`t want to communicate. And you haven`t mentioned them. They think there are higher from the other ones. Why should they share their thoughts with people who don`t understand them and who is (in their opinion) not intellectual enough. There are many like them and the problem of our world is that we don`t communicate enough because we don`t want to go inside of somebody`s life.
Der Anblick gibt den Engeln Stärke,
Da keiner dich ergründen mag,
Und alle deine hohen Werke
Sind herrlich wie am ersten Tag.
prolog im Himmel, Goethe Faust

The price of communication 10 years 6 months ago #1443

• Torra
  • Новый участник
The level of communication is determined in the early childhood. Our character depends on how funny and interesting our young years were. That`s why it is so important to direct the energy of little children in the right direction. Little children are curious and communicative people. Children are able to ask million questions every day. And it is not so easy to answer. They are not enough with just formal answer. They need exact and detailed answer or explanation of the event or object. The environment in the early childhood plays the great role in the formation of person. The future character depends on diversified people who are in the circle of the child. Besides, the objects in the child`s room play the great role in the intellectual growth and also communication skills. There are many games that help to develop the communication skills. Every person is a social being. Early or late everybody needs communication. This skill depends on the environment of the person. So, it is important to be near people with whom you wish to communicate.And, please, let`s develop our children in the right direction for their future success!
There is nothing more important then your own life

The price of communication 10 years 6 months ago #1444

• Alex_Alex
  • Захожу иногда
  • Thank you received: 4
Communication is the only way of people living, it is really sad, when you see, that everybody is chatting in the Internet, and nobody likes to talk to each other.
Все что ни делается, делается к лучшему!