Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Our mistakes and how do we correct them?

Our mistakes and how do we correct them? 10 years 7 months ago #1162

• Sam
  • Новый участник
  • Happy!
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello! This topic is about everybody of us, about every person in this world, because there is not a human being who doesn’t make mistakes. The question is what do we suppose as a mistake? How often we do them and how should we correct them?
Some people say that in general our life is a big mistake. People are supposed to be the cruelest animals in this world, but is it right? I think that it isn’t. Our life is not a mistake and everybody has a mission on the earth.
Ok,our life is a gift and it is useful, but we do a lot of mistakes in our lifetime and this fact is true like law of gravitation. A mistake has a negative aspect as well as positive one. From the bad side it brings damage to our health, our feeling, our reputation or to other things. From the positive side, every mistake brings us a good lesson and we should appreciate it. It gives us experience which can be used all our life.
I think that it is not very bad to make some mistakes, it is very bad to not learn the lesson, the message that it brings to us.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Our mistakes and how do we correct them? 10 years 7 months ago #1182

• The chosen one
  • Новый участник
Sam, thanks it is such an interesting to discuss. I think everybody understands that each of us makes mistakes.
Although, I know some unique persons who think that they don't make mistakes, and demand the same from others. But we all know, that such kind of people is one walking mistake :)
So concerning mistakes. I think some mistakes have to be done. During our childhood and teenage years we have to meet treachery and betrayal, to appreciate the dedication and loyalty in future. We have to make mistakes to find our ways on life.
But those mistake that can't be fixed are the worst ones. Loosing loved ones because of selfishness and self-love what can be worst? Yes, we have became wiser, but nothing can be changed.
So i think mistakes are important and necessary part of put life, but we have to be wised enough to estimate thing correctly and to understand were it is possible ti risk and were no.

Our mistakes and how do we correct them? 10 years 7 months ago #1256

• Odri
  • Новый участник
  • Paris is always a good idea.
Mistakes…only one word raised many emotions and feelings of all kind. I think we all make mistakes and I am sure we shouldn’t correct them. They are a part of our life and a part of our personality.
Should I be the same if hadn’t gotten married to my ex-husband Jerry? It was huge and tremendous mistake which turned out to bruises and continuing quarrels. As a result we divorced in three months after wedding. This mistake led myself to exhaustion. But it was my mistake and it made me stronger and also changed my attitude to some people and even my life principals.

I do believe we ought to do mistakes to learn and to form our personality.
The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters

Our mistakes and how do we correct them? 10 years 6 months ago #1299

• juney
  • Новый участник
I think that mistakes are a vital part of life. It's impossible to live life without a single error, without one bad friendship or bad boyfriend, or a lie backfiring or a job you don't like. I don't think it's realistic to aim to live life "flawlessly", what's important is never failing to pick up on mistakes and learn from them, and try not to repeat these mistakes again. I think Samantha from Sex and The City said it best (warning: expletives used in the link). But yes, if you make a mistake, that's fine. Move on. Accept that it happened, but don't aim to repeat it in the future. If you go on a terrible date with a guy who's rude, mean and makes you pay for his meal as well, you can laugh it off and move on. If you decide to go out with him again, or worse, end up marrying him, that's on you. Initial mistakes are fine and normal and acceptable. The problem is exacerbating them. This applies often to "mistake relationships" - so many people tend to claim a relationship was a mistake, only to jump straight back into a similar situation. I have no sympathy for that sort of thing. I think it's one thing to make mistakes and another to repeat them.

Odri points out that she grew from her divorce. And I think that's completely right! I think every mistake we make forms our personality and helps us become the person we end up as. I think if you've never failed a test, or broken up with a person who was just wrong for you, or tried to do a hobby that wasn't for you at all, you wouldn't be quite yourself. You do learn who you are from mistakes. I used to fail math back in school until I figured out that, if I study extra hard for math, I'll pass - because I'm not naturally gifted at it. I know that's a highly trivial example, especially in light of the severity of Odri's one, but that's exactly my point: mistakes don't have to be completely devastating in order to be lifechanging. Every part of you is built up from mistakes. And that's good. Because people aren't perfect, and we're bound to make them. As long as we pick ourselves up again in the end and carry on, and learn and grow from the mistake that we made, then that mistake was clearly good for us.

I think, overall, it's still a good idea to try and avoid mistakes. Or at least, try to avoid serious mistakes. If, after a while dating, the guy doesn't seem nice, maybe avoid tying the knot with him. It's not to say that you won't learn from what ultimately happens - you will, but maybe it'd be better to think, "I'm not in a good place with this relationship, it'd be better if we broke up now." But no matter the severity of the mistake, as long as one learns from it and avoids it in the future, then it was right. It's a waste of time to beat yourself up over every mistake made, life is too short, and too many more mistakes are going to be made if you spend all your time dwelling over past ones. Even if it destroys bonds with family or friends, move on. It'll be better for you in the long run. Do the best you can, avoid making repeated mistakes, and learn from past experiences. That's my best advice.

This topic is really interesting, thank you everyone for your viewpoints.
Last Edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Hostadmin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1234567

Our mistakes and how do we correct them? 10 years 6 months ago #1302

• Lilly
  • Новый участник
I agree, mistakes should be seen as lessons that help us to grow. As we all know, a child can not learn how to walk without continuously falling first. But i do think that we have to sincerely apologize if our mistakes involved other people getting hurt.

Our mistakes and how do we correct them? 10 years 6 months ago #1375

• Torra
  • Новый участник
It is a good theme .But the main question here is how to correct them It is possible to correct a mistake in the dictation. The mistakes in the life – it is our experience. A man should correct the mistakes by understanding them. But it is the most difficult job. A man had to realize that he has done a mistake. People prefer to close their eyes on such situations. As for me, I am not always ready to correct a mistake. Maybe I am afraid, because I am supposed to be adult and we don`t like to realize our wrongness.
There is nothing more important then your own life
  • Page: