Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Why there are so much evil in the world?

Why there are so much evil in the world? 10 years 7 months ago #1082

• Jaybee
  • Новый участник
Why there are so much evil in the world, and how can it be explained from the religious point of view? Please, who know, explain me. By other words - why does God permit accidents, murders, terrorism, and don’t punish bad people who do that? Why young and perspective people sometimes die early and with terrible circumstances, but cheaters, murderers, and dictators, who are guilty in death of thousands people, sometimes live very good and till very old, and die in own house surrounded by numerous family? Why sometimes everything that man bought for very hardly earned last small amount of money can be lost, for example, in fire, but whose property is already huge, and earned not in a very honest way, it only grows? Many situations like that can be named.

Sometimes they say that it is not God’s fault, it is only people who left God’s rules and started to do evil to achieve own aims, such as power or richness. Then why doesn’t God punish them, at least in very unfair situations? Does anybody know how to explain that? Somebody says that now it is not God rules by the world, but devil, however, soon God will come and decide all problems. Again – with purposes of what God permits to do that to devil?

Why God doesn’t see what sometimes happens in our destiny, or in destiny of other people? Are there any good purposes of it? I don’t understand, really. It seems to me sometimes that it is something like chaos, which is going on. I really would like to get the rational explanation of that. Please help me with that!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Why there are so much evil in the world? 10 years 7 months ago #1119

• Athan Haas
  • Новый участник
Interesting question! I think that if always everything will be only good – it is like giving only candies for a child to eat and to permit doing everything he or she wishes. Which person he or she may become after this? I think at least a monster. That is why God gives good and bad to everybody of the people. However, I am sure that God keeps everything under control and doesn’t give a huge of evil that people can’t overcome. And it is not always that evil happened to you is the biggest –others pass through the worse.

Moreover, I think that everything happen leads to better. And it is nothing like just words of sympathy for the people suffering troubles. Different situations give the opportunity to reveal the hidden abilities, for example, in earning after falling in a huge lack of money, or to get rid of bad or dangerous people when somehow they get out of your life, even if before you thought that they are the best friends for you. In final they show their real face! I think that every bad happened with you brings you to the new level of development.

About violence… Well, probably, it’s a fault of the people which stopped to follow the God. God gave the freedom to everybody to choose what to do. If somebody doesn’t wish to be good and selected such a way then it’s not because of God, it is opposite – because of the people’s egoism. However, there are enough examples when those who do evil got punishment in such unexpected way, that only because of God’s will it can’t be explained.

Why there are so much evil in the world? 10 years 7 months ago #1122

• amy_g
  • Новый участник
Firstly, are accidents really "evil" at play? I mean, shit happens, as they say. God is omniscient but he cannot account for random failures of human beings. He created people inherently flawed, didn't He? Therefore, He cannot protect us from ourselves. We'll still stick our fingers in the plug (real and metaphorical) and die or become paralyzed. That is just a sad reality, not "evil", at least to my mind. Then, tragic though an early death may be, nobody will ever know if it's truly tragic. After all, how would you know that the toddler who died wouldn't be the next Hitler? Death in childhood is a tragedy, but it's also an opportunity for children to go out in a haze of innocence, wouldn't you think? Even setting aside the extreme example of Hitler, let's take it down a couple of notches: children, and young people, will grow up to hurt other people, to break loved hearts, to disappoint loved ones. I think tragedy and evil must be separated. You cannot say that a young death is necessarily "evil" at play. In fact, it could be seen as God's work, for an innocent soul is bound to go to a better place, isn't it? Didn't Jesus Christ say, "suffer the little children to come unto me"? So I think, first off, for this argument to work, we have to reconsider the definition of evil you've employed, because I think it's a bit vague. I think you've encompassed a lot of "tragedy" under "evil". I think "tragedy" is where our own humanity lets us down, and "evil" is where human beings purposefully plot and perform horrible actions. Hitler was undoubtedly evil. But an infant dying before his or her first birthday, is merely tragic - a person let down by his or her humanity, his or her human body...

So, having taken out random accidents and young children dying, we can narrow our definition of evil. As I say, I would classify "evil" actions as things people plan to do and harm other people with. For instance: murder, rape, aggravated assault, theft, pedophilia etc etc etc. And it is a very interesting question, why would God allow these actions to take place? Why would he allow racism or sexism or genocide or terrorism? Why does he allow hatred at all? Surely God's world shouldn't have hatred in it? After all, I think "hatred" is at the root of all "evil" (as per my specific definition)? There is no one conclusive answer to this question, of course. I, personally, think that it's most probably the result of the same flawed human nature. People aren't perfect. They aren't supposed to be. If we were all perfect, there would be no point for God to exist at all. We would all get along splendidly, and we would not need to pray to him or talk to him or ask for his forgiveness. That's why God couldn't make perfect people, and had to leave in our flaws. Because it is in times of difficulty that humanity really turns to God. Although, again, this may apply more to "tragedy" rather than "evil". I think we will never have a conclusive answer to this problem. If there was one, we'd be able to eradicate all evil on Earth, but that is unlikely to happen. Ever.

Why there are so much evil in the world? 10 years 6 months ago #1218

• Sam
  • Новый участник
  • Happy!
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello! Our world is full of different events. Every day we hear news which can be good or bad. The point is that people pay more attention at bad events and speak a lot about them. They discuss every detail of the existing problem, they try to find solutions and to give advice. Good news, in opposite, remain undiscovered. People are not interested to speak about them. That’s why we come with a illusion that it is a lot of evil in this world and very little good remains.
It is important to mention that I don’t say nothing bad is happening in our world. I am sure, it happens and all of us know about it. My idea is that we should know not only about bad, but also about good.
I think our world is a very beautiful one. Yes, there are a lot of problems, we are trying to solve a lot of conflicts, but in general our world is a good place to live! When we think about evil, we receive it, so our thoughts should be always positive ones, but also realistic. We should notice more things which are beautiful than thinking all the time about ugly events.

Why there are so much evil in the world? 10 years 6 months ago #1226

• The chosen one
  • Новый участник
Always you have to decide yourself. Yes, you it's possible to blame those who pushed you a bad deed, the circumstances, on this cruel world ... Lye. You're lying to yourself, putting responsibility on someone else. If you do not want to do wrong, no one can make you do so. Standing in front of a dilemma to act on honor and lose many benefits, or do meanness and acquire money, power, it is only up to you to decide what to choose good or evil. This world is as we are doing it and no one else.
For myself, I can say that I no longer felt ashamed of any my actions, I try to walk in honor. But do not forget that the concept of honor and dignity every one of us has it's own.
We're define our lives, and the lives of others ... If we eradicate evil in ourselves, then it will be much less evil in the world.

Why there are so much evil in the world? 10 years 5 months ago #1491

• A.Feld
  • Новый участник
  • Thank you received: 1
Where is God? All of us forget that with the death of our body only our earth way ends. Our life has endless continuation in the unseen world. There, in eternity, every our thought, every our word and every our act will be opened. And it won`t be the same as it was on the earth, it will be true, real as it is indeed. And afterwards God will say his Word. It will be or punishment or reward. At this moment good deals will be rewarded and bad ones will be punished.
We are like a curious man who sees only the beginning of canvas where there are just several details. We don`t wait till it will be ended and we say: oh! How ugly it is! without sense!it`s bad!
And we are like this curious man, because we don`t see all the painting, we see only a part of earth life. But the least is inaccessible.
But there is also punishment on the Earth. Vices are more and more from one generation till another. They destroy souls of children and their health. God says that there is punishment in four generations, just we don`t see that, because our life is shirt.
People themselves do wars, make inappropriate acts and afterwards they say it`s God`s fault.
But God has done it in such way that every act has its circumstances. It`s God`s law of justice and balance. There is also one question: why not to remake bad people ,not to do them good ones? And here is an answer: if to remake people artificially they stop to be people , they will become robots. And as a consequence won`t be able to fulfil the program of goodness that was inserted by God.
We should`t forget that our mission is after our life ends does n`t stop there, because we do have one more way and God prepares us to be ready for that.
Der Anblick gibt den Engeln Stärke,
Da keiner dich ergründen mag,
Und alle deine hohen Werke
Sind herrlich wie am ersten Tag.
prolog im Himmel, Goethe Faust
  • Page: