Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Why does a person need religion?

Why does a person need religion? 10 years 3 months ago #2057

• jellyfish
  • Новый участник
Most of us start praying or asking God to help when we are in need or in great sorrow. Can you imagine you live in the wild with no shelter, no food, amongst wild animals. You have no access to knowledge about the surrounding and about your existence. You can hardly understand who you are and what is going on. You differ from all these creatures on the Earth. You can talk, you can decide. I think people needed religion as it gave them strength to live and struggle.

Now a man knows much more about how it all works. We have much less fear and seldom pray to our gods. And nowadays religion is not that great, as it used to be. Now people realize that they are like gods: they can change many things in their lives with the help of positive thinking, harmonizing its inner qualities. Though people still need religion, they prefer to believe that God is inside that than God is outside.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Why does a person need religion? 10 years 3 months ago #2097

• Pacific
  • Новый участник
I think religion for person serves as good parents.
It guides, teaches, gives wisdom advice. And as a person needs parents even when he is grown up the same we need religion.
We are never too old to listen to our parents and the same is with the religion,
We never stop loving them and the same is with religion. And if we are far away and too busy right now, anyway out parents are in our hart, as the religion does.
So I can conclude that a person without religion is an orphan.
Last Edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Pacific.

Why does a person need religion? 10 years 2 months ago #2244

• Kitnis
  • Новый участник
Each person should have religion in the heart. This is very important. It makes people better, cleaner, kinder. Religious people always help each other, because religion based on these principles. No matter what religion person profess, if a man is sincerely religious, he calmly and respectfully to the person of another religion, because it is our duty to respect people. If everyone respected each other, our world would be better. There would be less crime. Because everyone would respect the work of others, there wouldn’t be thieves. Citizens would be more conscientious.
Religion make easiest each person's life, because a religious person does not keep the evil in the heart of others. They are easy to everything, forgive offense, and love people. In addition, it is always easier to live for good people then for bad.
But we should never cross the line and we need to be moderately religious. Because those who are too religious, they just sit all day and pray and do nothing more good. But it will be better to go to an orphanage and play with children. It is often the children in orphanages simply lacks human warmth. They need parents, I understand that not everyone can pick up a child and raise it as their mother, but at least come to the children's house and play with the kids, talk with older children. It seems to me more useful than just telling everyone that I am a religious person, but actually do nothing.
Because the true faith are in deeds and not in words. Moreover, I believe that every person who works must at least a small part of his salary to give to charity. Because there are children who are not yet able to earn and need help, there are retirees who also left alone and no one help to them. There are animals that are generally defenseless and very dependent on us. I believe that if everyone will help a little bit to someone of them, the world will be better; and it will be nicely for those who give and for those who get.
For example I was helping to the dog with a broken paw. So I was so happy for it when it was just a little improvement in it’s health. I followed every step of it recovery, I was helping when I could, only for it quickly recovery. Because I understand that it is defenseless.
Yes, sometimes religion has a political aspect and it is very pitty. But we should never focus on politics because I believe that politics is a dirty business. There's a lot of crooks that can blacken and religion too. Even all these prayers and ceremonies at the camera. This is so wrong, because prayer - is a personal matter, and when it is submitted for a lot of viewers, this is a show and farce. It should not be so. Prayer should remain in the temple only between you and God , because it is a dialogue with God.
But I think that we should not force ourselves to believe in God and to be religious, if our heart and soul is not ready for this, then we should not force ourselves to be so, just because everyone says that it is correct. It will be right to follow our heart.
For each person right things are something different and if we have not yet come to the realization that we believe in God, we do not force ourselves. We have just try to live good life, no harm to people and be kind. And faith in your heart will come in time. And you do not need to force yourself. You just wake up one morning and realize that you believe in God, and that you need some peace in heart, which can be found in religion.
I do not agree with the fact that people without religion is an orphan, because some people live life without religion in the heart and they are decent people. They just probably more mundane and not think about higher things. Do not think about the structure of the world, about life after death, they just live for today. And try to live honestly.
Honor is generally very important in our world. It is unfortunately rare, but I 'm sure there are many people who possess this quality. And if you find such a person in your life, you should appreciated him. Because in our life, such people are on weight of gold.
I love this world!!

Why does a person need religion? 10 years 2 months ago #2250

• Tor
  • Новый участник
Religion is the haven for a man, his last support to which he refers, when he is losing ground under his feet. So at this moment to stay on his feet a man needs a religion. Religions can be different. A man can believe in his strength, it's also possible to believe in the sincerity and readiness to help people, in different Gods. No matter what is this religion about, it is important to have something to believe in. Each of us has his own ideals: God, honor, love, friendship, and this is our religion. This is our faith, because having lived in accordance with our ideals we believe that we live a good life. Everyone chooses for himself a religion. No matter what a person chooses for himself, he must never compromise his ideals. Because betraying the faith. the ideals, he betrays himself.

Why does a person need religion? 10 years 2 months ago #2256

• HelloK
  • Новый участник
  • Thank you received: 3
As for me there are several myths about the necessity of religion
Myth One tells that "only crip needs a God"
People think "I always achieved everything in my life by my own, I do not need some kind of mythical God who will do something for me. There are people with disabilities, there are weak people and they need God."
People who think so just can not see everyday God's help. People take for granted that the sun rises in the morning. We do not see God's help when we suddenly meet someone whom we really want to met. So often we get help of God and at the same time we think that we did it. God is helping us, but not because we are weak, but simply because he somehow just knows all of our strengths, which we did not even suspect. And faith in God is necessary to reach even greater heights in our lives.

Myth Two
"If someone belief God it's necessary to be committed to any particular religion and observance of rituals.
someone can say "If I believe in God, then I must go to church and pray. I must light a candle, I must be baptized etc."
But who said that people should just blindly believe? Did not God gave man the intelligence to think, to understand, to find out ? Belief in God is necessary to man, especially to understand how to live. God is the creator of man, so he knows better than anyone what a man needs to be happy. God better than all religious leaders knows that need this specific person to develop spiritually. One person needs a strong regulations and laws under which it will be easier to control yourself. Other person needs more freedom of expression, music to express himself. In the third situation support and family care are needed. If a person believes in God and listen to his conscience, he will lead him to the church, which will attract his soul.

Myth Three

Faith in God means a loss of freedom
"Faith is often used to manipulate human consciousness. Religious leaders use our faith to make us obedient."
In fact, the real faith in God brings true freedom for man. First of all, faith in God gives a person direction, sense of purpose and value of his life. This inevitably leads to a revision of relations with relatives, a revising of priorities. Often young people give up drinking and smoking, refuse from promiscuity. From the side it may seem that the person is managed by someone and he is not free. But if you look at the longer term, such as life term, you will see that such person lives a much happier life than those who remain tied to vicious habits.
People who sincerely believes in God are focused on their conscience and their relationship with God. Such a person will not blindly follow the leader and believe empty slogans.

So don't be afraid to believe in God. In only will make you a happier person.

Why does a person need religion? 10 years 2 months ago #2283

• Jenkins
  • Новый участник
  • Only He Knows!
There is no way to fully understand the reason, why people pray and why do they need God. Its quiet ordinary thing to think about God when you are in trouble or when something has changed to the right side and you pronounce 'Thanks God!'. But what kind of role does religion have?
As for me, religion is the only rod that can keep us all strong and all together and let us share the love to each other (in direct place, saving the traditions of attendance of such places). Can we imagine another power that makes people so close to each other? I don’t think you will succeed remembering it :cheer:
Moreover, the absence of religion can be extremely harmful for the whole nations. For example, let’s talk about the Soviet and, for example, inability of Soviet people to simply enter the church when they wanted to. I think that such restrictions have made people highly pessimistic and mean. Unfortunately, I can’t afford myself to remember another example of such case but, it’s obvious that there is no much striking one than this.
We simply need religion! I believe in what I am and what HE is as much as what HE did with use while creating the world. HE made us believe in the power of love, freedom and the power of religion as the way of communication with HIM :)
In this case, I trust the religion I’m in and won’t be outside of it!
On another hand, you may do what you want and in case you don’t want to enter a church or talk to God throw the priest, you may do it however you want and this will be the right way to reach the God for you, because HE knows we all aren’t similar and we all want to be free in what we do and how we think.
Pure love saves the planet!
Last Edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Jenkins.