Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What is true belief in God?

What is true belief in God? 9 years 11 months ago #2925

• ZeAlien
  • Новый участник
I am sure that the true belief in God as well as the true love lives in our souls. No one can teach you how to believe or how to love. Either you feel it or not. Of course more experienced member of some religion can show you some rituals of his religious movement and to tell you what you can do in the church and what is forbidden. All these rules and conventions are important for each specific church, but if you even learn it that does not mean you understood the sense of all these actions.
Every day hundreds of people come to churches and automatically fulfill religious rituals without getting its purpose. They sing, bend the knee, kiss the icons, light candles, but during these actions they can think evil thoughts and even spitefully berate newcomers, who made some stupid mistakes. Such kind of people come to the church not because of their love to God, but because of opportunity to show their piety, to feel superiority over others and to release their anger under the mask of omniscient religious adherent.
I think that these people do not know what is the true belief in God despite the fact they are spending long hours in the church.
As I see it, the true belief does not actually need any kind of religion, rules and rituals. I think it lives in our heart and expresses as a love, respect and positive attitude to people around us without waiting for something from them, care about wild and domestic animals, surrounding nature and oneself as a unique creation of God.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What is true belief in God? 9 years 11 months ago #2929

:)
Last Edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Елена Прекрасная.

What is true belief in God? 9 years 11 months ago #2930

• redcat
  • Новый участник
Hi everybody, I guess the question whose religion is true is the same like to think about which path to the pot of the mountain is right. Every path if go to the top and do not turn back will bring you to the very top. You may go slowly, you may fall down several times, but anyway if you are persistent enough you will reach the top, you will meet God. Actually no matter, which path you choose as right.
B) I love this comparison, may be it is too simple but at least everybody cat catch up with it. To my mind, If you were born Catholic, do the practices you are accustomed to do. This is the easiest way to find love of God, just take what you were given at birth. If you were born in Berber tribes, study the religion of your ancestors, I am sure there is something interesting there.
On the other hand, you may choose the way many modern people choose – study as many religions as you are able to and pick up the best notions and practices. I do that. That is why I am here. I love to be in step with the times :) .
Old traditions and rituals are good, but everything is developing. Now we are developing very fast, by now humans know as much as they never knew. There must be a kind of revolution in our religious life too. We need some new movements that combine various religions in one. Now it time to summarize. If you choose “true belief”, that means that other ways to God are not true. How that can be so that many other humans are mistaken. I do not take it and I would never say it.
Last Edit: 9 years 11 months ago by redcat.

What is true belief in God? 9 years 11 months ago #2937

• AGAta
  • Осваиваюсь на форуме
  • Thank you received: 2
one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all. (Ephesians 4: 5.6)
Examine yourselves, whether you are in the faith; prove your own selves. Or you do not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you? Unless you are not what should be. (2Kor.13: 5)

To my mid many people considering themselves as Christians, in fact, " are not what should be." They are far from God and Christ. And not the last factor of their confusion - is not the desire to studying Scripture, live on it, change their mind, purify one's mind. :(
Such people can be kind and compassionate, gracious etc. but ... do not have a main - True Faith, that is, in the eyes of God, are in unbelief, in spiritual deadness, unfortunately.
thanks
  • Page: