Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: I like freedom, but what about you?

I like freedom, but what about you? 10 years 9 months ago #781

• Jones
  • Новый участник
  • Thank you received: 2
I think to be free you don’t need to have money. I don’t have money and I don’t have full-time job, I work from time to time and it’s my choice. I don’t need money to have a meal, there is always someone who gives you some food. I don’t need money to buy clothes there are huge piles of clothes in the USA. People wear their dress for one season and throw it as it’s becoming out of fashion. So food and clothing are not the problems at all. Money is a problem. Money make people dependent. People think where to get (to earn) money most of their time. When they get it, they think what to buy and if there is not enough amount of money they start thinking about where to get it again. After getting amount they wanted to spend it. People buy a lot of useless stuff, like new TV (but they have TV which works proper), they buy new car every year, new clothes every season or even more frequent. It is not freedom. It is dependence on money and shopping. Nowadays we can even say it is a disease. Infectious disease to buy what you don’t really need. Can you call it freedom? I am sure you can’t.
For me to be free is to do what you want but mind about consequences. My wish to be free shouldn’t hurt anyone. B)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I like freedom, but what about you? 10 years 9 months ago #800

• KariAnn
  • Новый участник
Be yourself – no matter what they say (as Sting has singed!).

That is the real freedom as for me! Yes, sometimes a very difficult, especially if you are surrounded by society wishing you to be like them. But if to overcome this – then real freedom will come.

I like freedom, but what about you? 10 years 8 months ago #1074

• lotus
  • Новый участник
  • Hello
Hello! This topic makes me remind a lot of historical moments when people gave all what they had to be free. The most relevant example is about African Americans and their way to freedom. It was their dream to be free, to do what they want to do and they achieved it.
If we speak about religion, here freedom plays a very important part. It is very difficult to believe in what you don’t want to believe, that’s why I think that everybody should make the choice for himself, without any advice.
For me freedom is the most important and the most valuable thing. I like to do what I like to do and nobody can stop me from it, only me. I also know very well the price for real freedom and I should say from my personal experience that it costs a lot to be free. Real freedom includes independence in all life situations. You should work a lot to gain this independence, but you should be careful because working to much can take a part from your freedom and from your family freedom.
You should be the boss of your life, your work and your money, but you should not allow them to become boss over you.

I like freedom, but what about you? 10 years 8 months ago #1083

• Maybe
  • Новый участник
Freedom is such a sweet word.
But how can we get it? Or can we be free at all?
I think the total freedom is absolutely impossible in this word. Let me explain my point of view.
Even so we free our self from love, friendship and other feeling in terms to be independent from other people decisions and feelings, even so free our self from greed for money or power anyway we can't be free totally. We can't run from our body and from our soul.
Once somebody is seriously ill he or she heeds treatment and sometimes expensive. We need doctors and pills. And our soul. Don't we need love or good word or attention or at least to have a little chart with other people?
So as for me person can't be absolutely free in this word. But if we can be honest with ourselfs and don't depend on material things and treat well our relatives and friends so we can get the same in return. Or if we learn how to let go those who don't need us anymore. We can move very close to freedom. And I hope that in our next life we will be able to find absolutely freedom.

I like freedom, but what about you? 10 years 2 months ago #2472

• TurtleIsland
  • Новый участник
Ohhh. Such an interesting theme. So many manipulations are connected with this word. We all know one big powerful country with a small history and huge ambitions, who’s main motto is freedom for everyone. Residents of this beautiful country should feel themselves free, happy and proud of being the part of its. Sounds magical. But what is the reality? Residents of this country are eating and buying different stuff much more then residents of all other world. They are accustomed to buy something all the time, the portions of their meals are huge and their cars also. What they will feel if they lose it one day? Their country is full of camera, their mobile phones are listened by special police branches, they are controlled on each step.
This is so hard to get visa to this country. Long interviews, strange questions and rejection without explanation. Embassies of this country all over the world looks like prison. It looks like they are afraid of something. Why this country has the most aggressive politics in the world? Because of freedom?
Relationships between people with different colour of skin are very hard. They are trying to show that respect each other, but no one really does. Relationships between man and woman are also very strange. Feminism had become extremely popular and extremely sharp. Men do not feel themselves gentlemen any more. It is dangerous to show that you like this woman and are ready to help her or show somehow that you find her very attractive.
Young mothers have to leave their babies after 2 months of their birth and go to work, because no one will pay them money for sitting at home. Is it freedom?
This word is also beloved in a gay’s society. They are trying to imbue that have rights to live with each other, marry each other and even to adopt children. Maybe it is true, but their movement is so aggressive that I feel myself downtrodden with their signs and motto all over the world. Huge industry of film making is filled with movies and serials with gay’s propaganda.
School books telling about family are rewritten and now child can find there that family is not only man and woman , it can also consist from two men or two women. For the time being it is two, but I suspect that this is temporary decision. And child has to believe this is normal. He is not protected from all this harmful information and he still believes everything adults are telling him. I afraid that results of such growing will be absolute misunderstanding of a real family valuables. We will get a generation of disorientated young men, who do not know who they are, what do they need and which things are worth of desiring and which are not. There will be too much allowed things and the young spirit just will lose himself while trying to come all these ways.
We should remember that our freedom ends where another`s begins. You cannot do everything what you want if it makes harm for another person. I perceive gay`s propaganda as harmful and aggressive advertising campaign, which will course a long list of social problems in the nearest future.
Freedom is extremely valuable condition for growing healthy and independent personality, but I think we still need some borders as a reference points. Young spirit should see examples of healthy and happy relationships behind their eyes to know how to create their own happy life.
Freedom is absolutely necessary concept in our society, but we have to understand that this idea can be also against our interests. We have to listen with our own ears, to look with our own eyes and to think with our own heads. This is the only way for freedom

I like freedom, but what about you? 10 years 2 months ago #2488

• Jenkins
  • Новый участник
  • Only He Knows!
Doctor who wrote:
Firstly, I think we have to decide what the freedom is.
It seems to me that for every person word "freedom" means different.
For somebody it's ability to buy what ever you want and don't think about money, for somebody it's ability to believe in any God you want and to talk about it openly, for somebody to not depend on others people including their feelings.
And what is freedom for you?

I think that freedom is something from the inside. You cannot be free if you don't have it inside. It is a special feeling of fresh air. I think that we all are bordered with our own problems and routine things as much as the problems of or relatives. I agree that everybody might decide for himself what freedom is but I believe that every one of us is free to do what he or she want to do. Determining the term ‘freedom’ we should try to understand the key features of it. I think everyone of us determines the features that he needs for himself at exact period of time.
I consider freedom as the only way to achieve all I was dreaming of. I mean that usually we are not able to control the things around us and, as a result, we cannot fully control the processes that drive us to success. But when we are free, we are able to do everything we want and everything we think is needed and also be flexible according to the things that may change time to time making it complicated for us to get something or to become somebody. Freedom is the best and first thing to achieve! If you are free, you will never lose and never get lost beyond the life’ forests. I believe in freedom, that’s the greatest pleasure to be free and to do whatever you want enjoying the life. :silly:
Pure love saves the planet!