Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Witches among us

Witches among us 11 years 2 months ago #419

• Averina
  • Новый участник
I live in a fairly religious area and none are that open to the things I believe in. Are others in the same predicament as I am? My family supports (but does not follow) my own practices but I have a feeling if I outed myself I would get more than just looks for what I believe. How do others live in this web of secrecy?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Witches among us 11 years 1 week ago #479

• CuriousCat
  • Новый участник
That must be difficult, to keep your true self hidden away like that, though I think you're lucky that your family supports you - I suspect there may be many people in the world who have to hide their beliefs from even their own family members. I am lucky that here in the UK paganism is becoming more widely recognised and although it's not necessarily fully understood by the general population, it is at least acknowledged as a valid belief.

Could you perhaps start out small, maybe by wearing a symbol that has meaning for you on a pendant or brooch? Over time people may become accustomed to seeing it and then if anybody asks about it, you can give them a brief overview of what it means and why it is important to you. After all, Christians wear crucifixes and nobody questions that. I hope it works out for you.

Witches among us 10 years 2 months ago #2399

• Ruby
  • Новый участник
  • Thank you received: 1
In the ancient times people were searching for God and in their search created their own Gods. They were looking like animals, Scarab beetle e.g. in Ancient Egypt was seen as Khephir, God of the Sun. Or other gods were made from the wood, metal and were worshipped to as well. But they all were just a creation of human imagination because God is not an animal and God is not made from any material. All these practices are called paganism, all these man-made Gods and the rituals won’t help you in this life neither will they save your soul when you die. I wonder do some people still believe in it? If so I really wish everyone to find and come to know real God not just objects symbolising God. All the things will perish but God has always been and will be. There is one God instead who created everything and everyone. And he alone is worthy your dedication and love.
Love and be loved!

Witches among us 10 years 2 months ago #2403

• Pitbit
  • Новый участник
Dear Averina,
It seems to me that you are very young. Maybe a teenager.
So for you all these witches stuffs are games that are funny and curious. I can't understand why your parent are not trying to influence you. I think that had tried to do it many times, but failed. And now they are just trying to keep thing under control. So, my little girl please don't get absorbed in this playing, The things are not such easy and funny as you may think.
By playing witch you are getting in touch with such powers that shouldn’t be touched, and one day you can very regard it. Now you are risking the most precious thing you have. And it is your soul. Believe me it is to important for you to not pull the rug out from under it. So please stop this lallygag. An pay more attention to studying and etc. Believe me it will much more useful.
And go to the Church, speak with priest and I hope he will put you on the right track.
And can you tell ne. What does make you think that you are witch?

Witches among us 10 years 2 months ago #2409

• Kri-ket
  • Новый участник
Yes, I do agree that this not a joke.
Maybe it seems to be very funny and romantic. Yeah, now a lot of girls are in love with such a beautiful vampire from popular book.
So they think that this "dark side" is attractive and even sexy.
But please watch yourself this not a toy.

Witches among us 10 years 1 month ago #2419

• Ruby
  • Новый участник
I can agree with Pitbit, why parents are not worried about their daughter? From what Averina says they actually support all the witch staff instead! I find it really weird! Perhaps they don’t know how to explain their daughter what is true and what is not. Or they are afraid to distance themselves from this girl in case she doesn’t like what they say. Anyway what ever the answer is it is a very serious stuff and what seems like a game or a very interesting thing in the long run it will put the person on the wrong track and mess the whole life. Not to mention afterlife! God clearly is against any witchcraft and other related stuff! It is enough to read God’s word to see what is right and what is wrong! Today there are so many films, books, soap operas about witches, vampires, magic ,etc., and for a young person without any knowledge and understanding of God and what he wants for us it is vey easy to start believing and practicing all these things. Especially under the peer pressure! But be careful and don’t give in, think about your soul! Our salvation is more important than all these passions!
Love and be loved!
  • Page: