Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Crossing the Universe

Crossing the Universe 10 years 11 months ago #545

• entity#27
  • Новый участник
I have stumbled upon the Out of Body Experience section of the forum and I thought this should be a rather common event then.
I have read some about OBE and NDE (Near Death Experience), and some friends related me their first hand impressions. All these stories sound really weird and intriguing. And personally, I have never felt anything like this in my entire life. Doesn't mean I don't believe it, and my friends are credible, I know that. It's just this outworldness of their experience that makes me wonder whether it is some delusional state of conscience or there really is something deeper about it.
Anyone to share his ideas or personal experience?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Crossing the Universe 10 years 11 months ago #551

• liliya
  • Новый участник
It is a very interesting topic that you have started. Personally I have been practicing meditation for more than a year. If you have practices meditation, you should know that with each experience you are to go deeper into yourself. And it really takes time and experience to reach that state that you have described. I have read that true masters can reach such a state as literally leaving the body and having their soul traveling in different places. It all sounds incredible to me too. My personal opinion is that it is not delusional but really something deeper. Having spent more than an hour in meditation a while ago I actually completely stopped feeling myself, it was something impressive actually. Those things are really impossible to describe, they are only to be felt. Well, as they say, it is always better to check the credibility yourself. :) Do you practice meditation?

Crossing the Universe 10 years 11 months ago #553

• McCar
  • Новый участник
I would disagree on that to experience such states one should necessarily be a master of high spiritual power. I am so sure of this because I have personal knowledge of OBE and quite extensive at that.
There are plenty techniques of inducing this kind of mental state, including use of entheogenic plants and psychedelic substances.
OBE's are not anything strange to endogenous cultures in Americas and Asia and Africa and Europe. Almost every climate zone has its own magic plant and almost every culture has its own techniques of reaching this kind of transcendent perception.
Like I said, I have personally experienced out-of-body perception of reality on numerous occasions. This is something that definitely cannot be properly explained in words, but it is crystal clear that the Reality we know is much smaller that it really is.

Crossing the Universe 10 years 10 months ago #582

• catch23
  • Новый участник
Famous Swiss psychiatrist Elisabeth Kübler-Ross believed that OBE could be a proof of life after death. She thought that death was one of the possible pathways through transcendent boundaries of reality. Check her report of meeting the "afterlife entities" during one of her hallucinogenic-induced OBE’s:
I saw myself lifted out of my physical body. ... It was as if a whole lot of loving beings were taking all the tired parts out of me, similar to car mechanics in a car repair shop. ... I had an incredible sense that once all the parts were replaced I would be ... young and fresh and energetic....
People after death become complete again. The blind can see, the deaf can hear, cripples are no longer crippled after all their vital signs have ceased to exist.
Some of her methods, though, were rather brave for a scientific research :) She used to organize sex séances for widows with the spirits of their husbands through some young dervish-magician guy. Some of the widows developed vaginal infections after these sessions :(
Nevertheless, I guess we should not mix water with oil, and her famous book On Death and Dying is a good read (or listen in mp3 :))
As for me, regretfully or not, I have never experienced such states. Reading this topic is interesting and urges me dig for more info on the Net!

Crossing the Universe 10 years 5 months ago #1538

• vapor
  • Новый участник
I have heard about some people who have experienced what is called a Near Death Experience. There are often programmers or books about people who claim that it happened to them. Sometimes when somebody is clinically dead or very close to death then he or she develops Out of Body Experience or/ and Near Death Experience.
Majority of those who came through this experience reported some similar traits. For example people say they saw a tunnel, bright light, they met those who are already dead, and they received a life review and many other visuals. Those who were close to death due to a poor health, a disease, a surgery, and was in a hospital at this time, claim that they were floating in the air outside of their bodies and saw what was going on. They often saw doctors and nurses trying to resuscitate that individual. Some people can explain that experience by the unusual brain activity and the whole thing by being a hallucination. But of course no one can tell with 100% certainty what it is, and what the nature of this phenomenon is. People who have been through this very often change their whole life. Being so close to death makes one rethink and reassess the life you had before. If before people were materialistic, self-centered and sought only the things for themselves, having experienced Near Death Experience made them change. They changed their personality for the better, became charitable, started believing in God and became a totally different person compared to the one they were prior to Near Death Experience. Who knows perhaps it is something that God uses to try and tell us that we did something wrong and were too focused on the wrong things and values. And after having been through such a radical extreme thing we can really look with a different heart and eyes at what we were before and truly realize what actually matters.

Crossing the Universe 10 years 4 months ago #1818

• Steven Redclife
  • Осваиваюсь на форуме
Vapor, I have also read books about people relating about their near death experiences. And I believe them. Doctors and scientists always tend to explain in a scientific way things that are inexplicable, I mean, they picture themselves as being the all-knowing gods by denying the truth and relying only on science.
They are not aware of or refuse to believe that people know almost nothing about nature, about themselves, the univers, they know almost nothing of what's going on around them and anyway they make of themselves the great and smart scientists who know how to explain everything and have the answers to all questions.
Why not to believe that person who experienced being out of their body? Why inventing other explanations? Don't they believe in the Almighty, well, at least in the power of nature?
Sometimes I get really indignant and upset when I listen to those silly doctors who try to explain the inexplicable from the point of view of science.
Some people create their own storms, then get upset if it rains.
  • Page: