Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Laziness, is it a sin?

Laziness, is it a sin? 10 years 4 months ago #1707

• Steven Redclife
  • Осваиваюсь на форуме
Many religions say that laziness is a sin. What do you think? If you think it is a sin, please, explain why.
Sometimes I am so lazy that I don't want to do anything at all, and that has a bad influence over my private life and job. How to get rid of or deal with this state? thanks.
Some people create their own storms, then get upset if it rains.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Laziness, is it a sin? 10 years 4 months ago #1719

• Kettle
  • Новый участник
Well obviously laziness is not a virtue. And if it has a bad influence on you, then definitely it is a sin and something that needs to be tackled with. Another thing if you say e.g. worked really hard or you have some health problems, and it makes you feel like not doing anything. Then it is more like exhaustion and your organism needs some time-off to restore itself. We all need sometimes rest and sometimes work, a good balance is essential. The Bible, Book of 2 Thessalonians 3:10 tells the following: “If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat”. And another a very goos verse in 1 Timothy 5:8: “But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.” Yeah the truth is that we all should provide for ourselves and people dear to us. Otherwise who else would do it? Is it fair if you work hard and there is some lazy person who is unwilling to do anything and care for himself and you should pay and do your best for such a persona? I am sure no one would like to. Many people are looking for easy ways in this life and trying to live at the expenses of others. It is very selfish and shows how disrespectful and uncaring such people are towards to others. They don’t even think that somebody else has to sacrifice their life, time, etc to provide for themselves. If people thought more about their actions and what impact it has on the society and everyone around then they would understand how wrong the things they do or have done are. Normally I would say if you feel that you are of capable of doing the things but it is just your feelings or your attitude prevents you from doing, then you should just force yourself. We all have brain and mind so we can ponder and decide what is best, regardless what our body tells us. Or you can ask yourself what is more important: a personal life and job that enables you sustain yourself or just a fleeting feeling that can actually ruin both and have other negative implications?
:)

Laziness, is it a sin? 10 years 4 months ago #1776

• CeliNe19
  • Осваиваюсь на форуме
  • Thank you received: 2
Yeah, I guess it is a sin.
Laziness is when you have work and are unwilling to do it. Or it may not refer only to work, for example I am sometimes lazy to prepare food or to even take a shower :)) And it's no good.
Bible says that a person should work and then share the products of their work with those who are in need. If you don't work and can't feed yourself, I'm not speaking of the others, than there is no compassion for you.
Laziness leads to poverty. Like proverbs tell: a lazy person becomes a servant, not only for other people, but for the laziness itself. I think it's a blessing from God to be able to work, to create, and to do something productive.
I remembered saw on TV like lazy Americans were complaining that their home is full of garbage and they wouldn't do anything at all to clean it! They couldn't open the doors because of litter!!! What they were expecting from journalists and authorities I have no idea. It's only their fault.

Laziness, is it a sin? 10 years 4 months ago #1781

• Popy
  • Новый участник
Laziness is a sin when it prevents a person to serve the good, the strengthening of world harmony. Laziness is the salvation for the world, if it prevents a person to destroy the harmony of the world. It would be better if murderers, thieves, swindlers and other scoundrels would be lazier. Less evil would be in our lives.
But laziness it is not a sin, if it is a symptom of a very wide range of diseases. Then you need to see a doctor.

Laziness, is it a sin? 10 years 4 months ago #1785

• SkyBlue
  • Новый участник
  • Thank you received: 1
I think laziness isn’t sin in most cases, but sometimes it may be a sin. For example when doctor don’t want to treat his patient, this is a sin, because patient could die. But in most cases lazy people harm only themselves. For example he could have rest on the sea, but because of his laziness he doesn’t earn enough money, and instead of the sea sit home on leave.
And sometimes people are too critical to each other. They call the usual holiday laziness. But if person worked hard a lot of time, he needs this holiday and it is not called laziness, but rather a well-deserved rest.
Then some people are too lazy to do their household duties, and I think this does not apply to sin at all. People do not steal, do not kill, do not hurt others, they just does not fulfill their responsibilities. This isn’t sin.
May be indirect laziness may refer to sin, but it have to be a very progressive laziness. For example, when mother does not cook the food long time and her child suffers from hunger. But this is beyond good and evil. This is very rare case. Usually people can do something little later, or not as it should be, but the will do their responsibilities.
For example mom cook pasta with sausages instead of tasty dishes, which require more work.
It is also a manifestation of laziness, but it is not a sin. Maybe she was tired at work today and barely standing on her feet, for cooking something else. Or maybe she feel bad. Anything can happen in life. But I think that it is not a sin.
Yes, sometimes laziness beyond all limits. For example when people stop to clean their homes, but these are isolated cases and it is a disease. I saw a man in the hotel, it was impossible to enter to his room because the entire room was littered with garbage. There was a bad smell, and it was easier to buy something new, then find it in that room, and apparently this man has done so. He had 3 microwaves, 2 computers. And one time he said that he forget about one, because it was under a ton of garbage and buy one new. Honestly his room represented a nasty picture. I think this is disease, but even this isn’t sin.
:)

Laziness, is it a sin? 10 years 4 months ago #1787

• CeliNe19
  • Осваиваюсь на форуме
  • Thank you received: 2
And sometimes people are too critical to each other. They call the usual holiday laziness. But if person worked hard a lot of time, he needs this holiday and it is not called laziness, but rather a well-deserved rest.
I think the best way to rest from hard work is to change activity. If you work 60 hours a week in the office then in your day off work in your garden or do something useful at home, not just sit and watch tv and eat popcorn.
I, for example, cannot just sit and do nothing, especially after a hard week, I don't know why - I'm simply not used to do nothing, I should at least water flowers or knit or something like this.
I think doing nothing, like watching tv, playing computer games, browsing the web is a waste of time - of course when you do it too much.
  • Page: