Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Freedom or control?

Freedom or control? 10 years 6 months ago #1352

• Robert
  • Новый участник
Hello! I start this topic to see what are the opinions and the ideas of people about how people should live, in a totally freedom or under a careful and strongly control. This topic touches not only politics, but also religion views and family life.
So let’s start from the historical aspects of our life in past. All of us know that in past was a totally monarchy, where the ruler was the only one who had the right to make laws, rules and he controlled everything and everybody. There was no such rights as we have now, which give us independence and freedom. In such a society all people had almost the same behavior, they believed in the same God and lived the same life. Of course, there were rich people and poor ones, there were different classes of society, but in fact there was no freedom. You had not the possibility to express your personal opinion, it was very hard to a woman to divorce and to find another spouse and it was almost impossible to have a different religion, because as I said all the rules were established by one person.
Now we see a complete different situation. We see democratic principles in almost all developed societies and we see such documents as Human Rights Declaration which protects from any kind of mistreatment. Of course, there are still some countries which continue to keep an authorial and dictatorial politics, but they become fewer and fewer. Now our freedom persists everywhere. We go to the elections and choose our government, we decide in what we want to believe in and how we want to live. We can create a family and then we have the right to change our spouse and to create another family. Now everybody lives his life as a free person and nobody can say him he is wrong or stop him from doing some things which are not forbidden by the law.The law is also created democratically, by the representants of people and following some special methods of creating it.
Now, after discussing and analyzing two kinds of living, a question appears: How is better to live: in a complete freedom or under control?What are your opinions? Write your personal views and give arguments if it is possible. What do you think, it is good to have a complete freedom or not?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Freedom or control? 10 years 5 months ago #1731

• Steven Redclife
  • Осваиваюсь на форуме
I think this what you call freedom, you know, democracy etc...is a pseudo-freedom. Yeah, maybe politicians want to protect people, make life better, but in the last decade people became overprotected. I've heard someone telling that in Arab Emirates they have a law which forbids going to the toilet after 10 pm and flashing the water :) It's crazy right? This law protects your neighbors from being woken up. Really, it's way too protective.
I wouldn't like such measures to be taken in my country.
Some people create their own storms, then get upset if it rains.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page: