Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: the benefits of bananas!

the benefits of bananas! 10 years 7 months ago #1141

• amy_g
  • Новый участник
Although I'd always heard of the benefits of bananas for children, I've always thought that, since they are very high in sugar and carbohydrates, as fruit go, the should be avoided by adults. I remember when I was younger, I used to get given bananas as an "energy" snack, my mum would always pack me one for lunch at school, and I guess it's just always seemed to me like the kind of food you should stop eating once you stop running up and down a playground all day... However, I've recently discovered this is a complete and utter myth! In fact, not only are bananas associated with losing extra weight, they have tons of other benefits. Basically, add bananas into your diet. If you pack a lunch for work (which you should do, I'll write another post about this sometime, because not only is it easier to control and keep a healthier diet if you've preplanned your food, but it's SO much more cost effective than buying food during your lunch break!), include a banana in it. It tastes delicious and comes laden with natural goodness (vitamins, minerals, fibre and all sorts of other fantastic substances, from proteins to probiotic bacteria which helps your body to absorb calcium) that will have you feeling and looking better in no time. And, because of how sweet and yummy bananas are, you're likely to crave less chocolates or other unhealthy snacks!

Some of the other surprising benefits of bananas include its moisturizing qualities. Because of the high amounts of Vitamin B6, Vitamin C and the high water content that bananas contain, they moisturize and nourish your skin, ensuring it maintains elasticity. If your skin is particularly dry, try mushing up a banana and applying it onto your face as a face mask. Cheap and effective, and natural, which is generally considered a massive benefit! If you suffer from bags under your eyes or puffy eyes, try this same face mask strategy for 15 minutes at a time. If you don't like the idea of putting mushed bananas on your face, you can try placing the banana peel onto them, and lying back. Pretend you're in a spa, it'll be fun! In fact, banana peels are great for helping with skin issues, like oily skin and acne. Try rubbing the peel on your face (after you've eaten the banana as needed to lose weight ;) ). The benefits for you skin are linked to the high potassium content in bananas. Really, bananas are the best things you can eat! They are such a cost effective way to improve your daily lifestyle.

And the best benefit of a banana? It's linked to raising you mood! Bananas contain a specific protein necessary for the production of seratonin (the "happy" hormone), so eating bananas will LITERALLY put a smile on your face.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

the benefits of bananas! 10 years 6 months ago #1150

• lotus
  • Новый участник
  • Hello
Hello! Bananas can be really useful for our nutrition. The biggest benefit they bring to us is the fact that they contain kalium. This chemical element is used by our heart and we should have it in our diet. At the same time we should be careful, because a lot of kalium can bring damage to our health.
Bananas are also useful for bodybuilders. It is a product which stimulates muscle growing. This quality is the reason why bananas are always added in protein cocktails.

the benefits of bananas! 10 years 4 months ago #1774

• CeliNe19
  • Осваиваюсь на форуме
  • Thank you received: 2
I've heard the opposite, with bananas you don't lose weight but put on weight.
But, generally speaking, bananas are very healthy(those which were not processed chemically), and the autor said, they cotain group B vitamine and iron, which is very good for your hair.
So if you have hair loss, eat bananas.
They also contain a lot of potassium for your heart's health, help us fight against depression, since they contain tryptophan. They also protect against diabetes and relieve anemia.

the benefits of bananas! 10 years 3 months ago #1930

• Claire
  • Новый участник
Bananas protect against ulcers. The elements which they contain activate the stomach lining - they create a mucus barrier against acids in stomach.
Also bananas help against constipation due to the fact that they contain a substance called pectin.
They are also good for the eyesight, as they protect your vision and for kidneys - prevent kidneys diseases.
Live your life now.

the benefits of bananas! 10 years 3 months ago #1938

• Cocos
  • Новый участник
For my bananas are just food :cheer:
Maybe they have some special nutritional factors.
But anyway it is just food. We can consider any kind of food same way: potato, meat, bread.
If I would think about every piece of food that I eat I would deferentially get cranky.
There is now need to get hung up on the small stuff :cheer:

the benefits of bananas! 10 years 2 months ago #2120

• Green
  • Новый участник
Yes I also heard that bananas have potassium which is good for health. The same element is also found in apricots. Of course you have to be moderate because otherwise there will be more damage to your health than benefits. Also some people seeing black spots on banana skin avoid eating such fruit, thinking it has gone bad. But it is not true; it just means banana is fully ripen and normally it tastes sweeter than a green one. Also I have read that “ Yellow skin bananas with dark spots on them, are 8 times more effective in enhancing the property of white blood cells than the green-skin versions”. Of course banana is just food as Cocos said. If you have some disease you can not just eat bananas thinking it will cure everything. But having it as a supplement will definitely help you a lot. And it is better than any highly processed sweets or snacks or a junk food that a lot of people prefer nowadays. There is also a cake called banana bread or banana cake. It is really nice and easy to make, plus it is natural! Yeah other foods like potato, meat or bread also have their own advantages. But some foods have more advantaged some –less, and they all have different minerals, vitamins, and other stuff so essential for our every day life. Sometimes people feel bad and turn to chemicals for help, but if you reconsider what you put into your mouth then it could help feeling better as well.
  • Page: