Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Smoking – a big danger for our society

Smoking – a big danger for our society 10 years 10 months ago #645

• nicker
  • Осваиваюсь на форуме
  • Nick
Hello! I am here to discuss with you the danger of smoking and to find out some methods for preventing it. In our days there are millions and even billions of people who smoke. This problem also touches other persons which are passive smokers. We should realize that it is a great business which violates us and the worst thing is that we know about it, but do nothing. It is only about our choice to smoke or not to smoke and we should do the right one. I suggest you to write down in this topic some ways of treatment from this bad habbit.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Smoking – a big danger for our society 10 years 10 months ago #647

• St. Patrick
  • Осваиваюсь на форуме
I agree that smoking is a serious treat to every person and to the society as a whole. People harm not only their own health but also health of other people. In addition this harmful addiction puts on society huge costs for healthcare etc. Not surprisingly, in most developed countries there are measures against smoking. Regarding you question about treatment from this bad habit this is multilevel and multidimensional problem. On the individual level there are some way how to give up smoking. But I believe that more important is smoking prevention, to make smoking not cool, to complicate ability to smoke especially for teenagers.

Smoking – a big danger for our society 10 years 8 months ago #1081

• lotus
  • Новый участник
  • Hello
Hello! There are some problems in our society which have a very big negative effect. These are drugs, alcohol and smoking.
Drugs can be a kind of synonym for death and drug sellers are death sellers in a way. People who use drugs are addicted very strongly to them and they spent all their money to satisfy their “pleasure”.
Alcohol is a kind of social virus which transforms a person in an animal. It brakes families and people destinies.
If we speak about smoking, we will find a lot of damages that it brings and here are some of them.
The first and the most important damage is about our health. Every cigarette takes five minutes from smoker’s life. At the same time it brings damages to other people (passive smoking) and this damage can be bigger than the first, because passive smokers can be children or people with some illness.
Another aspect of this problem is money. Smokers spend a lot of money for cigarettes. Some people made an analysis and found out that in 10 years smokers spent on cigarets the same amount of money as a good car costs.
So the conclusion is that is better to have good habits, than such like smoking or others.

Smoking – a big danger for our society 10 years 7 months ago #1084

• Maybe
  • Новый участник
Of course smoking is incredibly bad and harmful habit.
I just can't understand people who smoke.
They harm their health voluntary and for what?
I think that smokers have to pay additional taxes.
They run the risk of health deliberately, and I have to pay for treatment of their illness out of my pocket?

Smoking – a big danger for our society 10 years 7 months ago #1099

• wow
  • Новый участник
As a heavy smoker in the past. I can say that smoking is incredibly harmful as for smoker as for surrounding people.
I had been smoking since I was 15 years old till my 30. Giving up smoking was my present to myself on my birthday.
So can I say smoking must be prohibited by law.
I understand that that production and selling of cigarets bring a lot of money to country's treasure and tobacco production has incredibly big lobby in the government. But we are a talking about health of nation, isn't it? So smoking is so harmful that it influences on all generations. Treatment of cancer is very expensive. And the worth that child smoking is widespread. Smoking is cool. And children start smoking to be as coll as Marlboro man. I know it because I started to smoke same way.

Smoking – a big danger for our society 10 years 7 months ago #1247

• Old man
  • Новый участник
  • Thank you received: 1
Is the sense of life to ruin our health? It's so great to be at the end of life in good health and to travel, to ski, to do horse riding, to swim in the sea. There are so much fan and pleasure In the world except of alcohol and smoking! Living with smoking and alcohol drinking means to be blind person and to not see the beauty of the world. Harming of out health deliberately is so strange for me. We can live life full of joy and happiness and spoiling it with pernicious habits is at least silly. To risk your health deliberately, especially with risk of getting cancer, oh no, I can not understand it. I'm absolutely sure that every person regrets about it's pernicious habits, so why he or she started this habit I don't know, but I sure if want to live a life full of happiness and health wed must drop up any harmful habits.
  • Page: