Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Are juice fasts harmful!?

Are juice fasts harmful!? 10 years 8 months ago #777

• Tracey
  • Новый участник
  • Thank you received: 1
It's pretty common knowledge that every few months you should 'detox' - change your diet, and/or drink some or other concoction to flush out all the dangerous chemicals lurking in your body. I have friends who've encouraged me to try "fasting" as a method of detox (they're pretty convincing, seeing as how they look pretty great with it!). I, myself, have tried cranberry juice cleansing, and must say I felt good. However, I recently read that you don't actually NEED to detox, seeing as how your body (using the liver, kidneys, colon) NATURALLY detoxes all the time. Moreover, I read that the problem with fasting/detoxing is that if you DO lose weight, it's mostly water weight and you're likely to gain it back really quickly. Supposedly detoxing can lead to your fluid and electrolyte balance being off. Do you think this is a valid concern with regards to juice fasts? I can't imagine an entire industry has sprung up "needlessly", so I'm sure detoxing IS something we need (especially given we ingest so many chemicals and synthetic flavorings and such on a daily basis, unless we buy exclusively organic foods, which isn't feasible for me). If 'fasting' is bad, are there better detox plans that anyone could suggest for me?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Are juice fasts harmful!? 10 years 7 months ago #1131

• amy_g
  • Новый участник
Okay, honey, you've been deceived if you think detoxing is a thing at all! The article you read debunking detox is absolutely correct. You don't need to "detox" by doing anything actively. Your body detoxes by excreting unnecessary substances. There isn't this crazy build-up of toxins in your body like everyone will tell you, that is complete and totally crap. The only time you should worry about detoxing is if you've been taking drugs or have been poisoned. Routine life doesn't give you a build-up of toxins. Well, it does, but your body is perfectly capable of getting rid of these sorts of toxins! So don't do anything unsafe like go on a detox diet or juice cleanse or fast, because most of the time these aren't very good for you. Eat healthily, consume alcohol only in moderation and keep up an active lifestyle, and you should do A-okay. There is no need to "fast" to "detox". Like I say, the exception is if you do drugs or something of the sort, in which case, it's quite likely your body won't be able to cope with the stuff you're putting into it. Besides, why would you want to "detox" to lose weight? "Detoxing" in the sense that charlatans use it, shouldn't help you to lose weight. Moreover, I am firmly against diets of any sort. Try and avoid that sort of thing, and instead make alternative, healthy lifestyle choices. This is the only way you're going to lose weight and keep it off. And don't buy into the "detox" myth. The stupidest things I've ever seen are pads for the soles of your feet which "draw out" the "chemicals" in your body while you sleep. Needless to say, this is complete and total bullshit. Chemicals don't come out of your feet while you sleep. Ever. You excrete them in urine, defecation and sweat. That's it. Do your research and check out what you're buying into before you get swept up in the hype, is all I'm saying.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page: