Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Friendship and money

Friendship and money 10 years 2 months ago #2290

• Ruby
  • Новый участник
  • Thank you received: 1
Friendship is a wonderful thing in our life. It unites people and helps the whole society. Because people love and care for their friends and try to do nice things for each other. Some people can be friends since a playschool and their friendship continue to last into their adult years. Wile other people ain friends when they are old enough. But some say that it is difficult to make friends later in life. It is easy when you are young, in school, college, university, etc. However it doesn’t matter how good we feel with our friends and the things we do together, but one day eve best friends can fall out. And it is known that money and friends are the things that don’t go together very well. Many people believe that if you borrow money from your friend or the other way round you lend money to a friend then the friendship will end. How do you think is it true for everybody or just a speculation? Have you ever lost a friend over money in your life? And why a friendship that sometimes lasts for many years can break so easily? Maybe it is not a friendship at all then?
Love and be loved!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Friendship and money 10 years 2 months ago #2316

• denis
  • Новый участник
  • Счастья всем!
I think it was Aristotle who once said that true friendship is when there are two bodies but one soul. I think it is very rare when people in life reach true friendship. We may all have friends, best friends, good friends,, but true friendship in the way that Aristotle understood it is really hard to find and hard to achieve. Why is it so? Well, first of all it is person’s ego that does not allow him to fully devote himself to his friend. A person is naturally egoistic.
But not idealizing friendship and talking about friendship that is common in modern world, I prefer to never mix friendship and money… as well as money and relatives. I believe it’s wrong. Ruby, you are right saying that in the end it is either money or friends that you lose, or even both.

Friendship and money 10 years 2 months ago #2326

• Tor
  • Новый участник
I think that value of money in friendship is overestimated. Yes majority of people believe that money can spoil a friendship. Of course it's possible and o lot of other things can do the same, for example love, jealous, envy. So it doesn’t mean that real friendship can be easily ruined. Th thing is that these factors only show problems that sooner or later would appear show problems. But the real friendship can’t be spoiled by such things. And good, responsible people can have money relationship, can borrow or lend money and help each other.

Friendship and money 10 years 2 months ago #2336

• HelloK
  • Новый участник
  • Thank you received: 3
I'm more then sure that friendship and money shouldn’t be mixed.
Unfortunately. I know too many examples when great friendship was spoiled by money issues.
When money was borrowed and the debtor failed to return it on time, or common business. Money is such thing that can turn the head of any person. So if you want great, true, light friendship don't involve any "money related stuff" in it.

Friendship and money 10 years 2 months ago #2377

• Kri-ket
  • Новый участник
Friends can stay friends as long as they do not touch money issues. A lot of examples of this rule I've seen in my life. I didn't receive lent money. I know story of acquaintance of mine when he agreed to be guarantor, and those whom he made guaranty for refused to pay the loan, generally, a lot of stories.... You can understand, that it is was the end of the friendship.
Personally I try to live not owing a debt to anyone. And frankly, I try to not lent to anyone. I only make exception for my close relatives.

Friendship and money 10 years 2 months ago #2398

• Ruby
  • Новый участник
  • Thank you received: 1
It is very interesting what Aristotle thought and said about a true friendship being two bodies but one soul. I have never heard this, thank you denis for letting us know about this fact! His idea actually reminded me a lot about a verse fro the Bible about relationships between a husband and wife. It is from the old testament in the book Genesis 2:24: “For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh.” Also in the book of Mark 10:8 it repeats what has been said before: “and the two will become one flesh. So they are no longer two, but one flesh”. Perhaps this inspired Aristotle to say similar thing about the friendship! But yes I agree very often a human ego is a problem for good and loving relationship between people. It is very difficult to avoid money matters between friends and/ or relatives in our life because sometimes we all need help and support including material and financial support. So when your friend or a relative in the times of trouble has come to you all crying and asking for any support it can be hard to say “No, I don’t mix friendship and money”. Also what if you has found yourself in a situation when money is strongly needed but you don’t have it and there is no one else to ask but friends? How you would feel is they replied that they don’t mix friendship and money? It is really hard when you actually face it.
Love and be loved!
  • Page: