Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Starting on my new path

Starting on my new path 11 years 2 weeks ago #525

• McCar
  • Новый участник
Good vibes and smooth road, Eidos. In a way, Buddhism might be the part of a quantum paradigm which emerged 25 centuries before quantum theory even got its name, - thus, you are on the foremost frontier of scientific thought :)
In the beginning it might seem a complex philosophy which takes complete cognitive re-orientation, and, as a result, you get this "Wow" feeling of a promising but difficult way to go.
The amazing thing is that real Buddhism in its pure idea comes when you stop learning and understand it is not a philosophy or way of thinking but simple naked reality.
I think one needs to go past Buddhism philosophy to finally get where Buddha managed to.
The paradox is that in order to do this most of us need a lifetime and this is where Buddhism way comes to help. I just think that even though the road might be bumpy, rough and winding, the final destination is the most obvious and simple thing in the Universe.
My 5c.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Starting on my new path 11 years 2 weeks ago #526

• manitari
  • Новый участник
:)
Last Edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by manitari.

Starting on my new path 11 years 2 weeks ago #527

• genaro
  • Новый участник
High, everyone! I'm new here but I've been a lurker for a while now.
Just can't disagree with you McCar mate I'm always asking my buddhist buddies where Buddha goes when he reaches nirvana and no buddhist managed to provide a sound explanation so far :)
This is why I liked your idea of a way and destination. Like you can take different roads to get to Rome, but they all can finally take you there some sooner other later. Because some of Christian mystics and Islam sufis and Judaic Merkabah seekers could have definitely reached same planes as buddha and the difference may lie within terminology only.
And if so, then there comes an obvious question - what's beyond buddha state if there is anything?
“Maybe it meant something. Maybe not, in the long run, but no explanation, no mix of words or music or memories can touch that sense of knowing that you were there and alive in that corner of time and the world. Whatever it meant.”

Starting on my new path 11 years 2 weeks ago #531

• opaliy
  • Новый участник
You say the Buddhists cannot give you the answer but do you have your own idea on that account? Spill it Now! Though can we seriously discuss something which no one has the know of. This is all suggestions that we make and we just choose one to believe don't we :)
Personally I am new to all this enlightenment philosophy thing. But I am very much interested and now thank god I have enough spare time to get to know lots of things I always wanted to understand better.
My smarter friends advise me to start with Buddhism and they all say pretty similar that you can even remain a Christian and be a Buddhist at the same time because Buddhism is more psychology than religion. Anyways I just find it very interesting and I think very important things can be found in this philosophy which you don't really see in common everyday living routine.
I'm on my new path too!

Starting on my new path 11 years 2 weeks ago #543

• McCar
  • Новый участник
Yep, guess your friends know what they are saying :)
Buddhism is like the Eastern brother of Western psychoanalysis, that's the way Carl Jung saw it, and he knew what he were saying either ;)
If not for professional psychologists Jung and Leary, I would never ever understand what the Buddhist Book of Dead is all about. When it is explained in terms of psychology of near death states and expanded conscience everything fits perfectly.
As I know, Buddhism is a tradition that explicitly deals with various states of conscience, types of cognitive reactions and ways of establishing individual psychological balance.
Is this not what Western psychology and psychoanalysis are into as well?
  • Page: