Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: A man of wisdom

A man of wisdom 10 years 2 months ago #2410

• Viva
  • Новый участник
Greetings to all. I have just one simple question.
Who is a man of wisdom?
Often people imagine wise man as an elder with long grey beard, who is living away from people, which sometimes come for an advice.
Sometimes people claim that some philosophers, religious figures, or even scientists are man of wisdom.
So what is "wisdom" on your opnion? Who is a wise man, on your opinion? Who can be called as a wise men of dead ones, of living, or those who are not yet born?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

A man of wisdom 10 years 2 months ago #2411

• Kri-ket
  • Новый участник
As for me a wise man is the one who has rich life experience, the one who creates more opportunities than can be found. But it's not right to think that a man of wisdom has only a lot of experience, I think wisdom is more than personal experience. Rich personal experience can be sometimes negative, heavy, and even traumatic, and such a personal experience only cramps to make wise, informed decisions.
Wise is not the same of being smart. When we are talking about a mind we usually think about reflection, but wisdom is about the practice. Smart person can intelligently talk a lot, but to come to a wise decision, to decide to make a decision is more difficult. A wise man has the power to make decisions, he usually knows how to act in a particular situation.

A man of wisdom 10 years 2 months ago #2525

• Msn19
  • Новый участник
An answer to this question and to many others as well can be found in The Bible. Psalm 111:10 e.g. explains what the true wisdom is: “Fear of the LORD is the foundation of true wisdom. All who obey his commandments will grow in wisdom. Praise him forever!” Thus experience itself and knowledge doesn’t mean that there is wisdom present as well. So many people these days are proud at having reached something in society or gained a diploma of a prestigious University. But our deeds and knowledge won’t mean anything to God unless we don’t know what he wants from us; our lives and we follow and obey it. People may posses a pile of knowledge but it might be dead if we don’t use it. We may know all the commandments inside and out but live our own way and make wrong decisions. We might have a lot of experience in life, but the same we failed a lot in our lives by living the way which was contradictory to God’s will. And we can’t be wise enough even with all the life experience behind our backs and help people advising them what to do with their life when our own life itself is a complete mess… God will give us enough wisdom to carry through life if we are searching for him, know and obey him. He is our heavenly father; everything comes from him and through him! But we live our own way then we won’t find the wisdom because of our own pride, stubbornness and rebelling nature.
Memories of our lives, of our works and our deeds will continue in others.

A man of wisdom 10 years 2 months ago #2558

• lorel
  • Новый участник
Initially, wisdom is life experience regardless of age. In time, this person cannot be surprised by anything, because he has seen everything. He is calm, it is almost impossible to get spunk him up. And such people often have very heavy, tired and sad eye.
A man of wisdom always analyze new information through the head, and not through the heart. He is astute and rarely believe people and do not trust them, or do it very rarely, but he does not show it

A man of wisdom 10 years 1 month ago #2576

• Msn19
  • Новый участник
I wouldn’t say that wisdom equals or is the same as a life experience. Some people may have experienced a lot in their lives but they simply are not wise! Because you can have a lot of experience and simply not to learn anything fro it, especially when this experience is a negative one. And then with all the experience behind their back they do the same mistakes over and over again! No one knows or has seen everything, it is impossible, for the world is too big for us. We can see some parts of it but not everything is yet even revealed and discovered to be seen! Wisdom is a gift from God, just like everything else. That’s what the Bible tells us about it1 Corinthians: “For to one is given through the Spirit the utterance of wisdom, and to another the utterance of knowledge according to the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit, to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another the ability to distinguish between spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues.” Everything is coming from God to us, not from our own efforts or experiences including wisdom. I don’t think that people possessing wisdom don’t trust other people. If they are wise then they can discern who can be trusted to and believed and who can not.
Memories of our lives, of our works and our deeds will continue in others.

A man of wisdom 10 years 1 month ago #2598

• Pokemon
  • Новый участник
Msn19, I go agree with you that wisdom and age is not the same. A person can live the whole life but didn't find a wisdom at all. and I knew I few quite young people who were really wisdom. I think wisdom can be adsorbed form life experience and from ... books. Yes books of genius authors are great source for wisdom, they give us food for thought and clever person will definitely use it.
  • Page: