Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Are people less religious nowadays?

Are people less religious nowadays? 10 years 4 months ago #1878

• Green
  • Новый участник
Unfortunately church can’t represent true believers. Some people go to church, but their hearts are foul, full of impurities. Yes quite often these days there are priests and others serving in the churches, involved in immoral acts and doing the things God actually forbade. I don’t think that any religious establishment can represent people who are real followers of God. Perhaps it does represent to those people, organizations and other things in this life. But only God knows the hearts of each and every person. Not all are saints that go to the church! Many people pray at home, have small home churches, or maybe they are ill and can’t go to any church at all. There are people who live far away in the wilderness, who don’t go to the church but their heart is full of kindness… as to the kids who spend all their time playing games without bothering about their spiritual and intellectual development, well they have parents firs of all. So it only means their families didn’t instill in them what is right and eternal and what is worldly and perishable. If it is something they have never been used to then what else to expect from them? Of course they will do what they see around, what everyone else is doing, thinking it is the right thing. We all have priorities in our life. If you really care for something or someone you will always find the time for that!
Last Edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Green.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Are people less religious nowadays? 10 years 3 months ago #2365

• Fardiana
  • Новый участник
I came out with a proposal to look at first, where we come to faith in God. And it comes to us from a childhood, usually. However, with age, young people often lose faith. The reason lies on the surface and is quite simple. They pray and ask God for something, sometimes sincere, but their request was never fulfilled. Naturally, in this situation, faith and does not smell.

Of course, faith - a very broad concept. A person becoming an adult, while having a brain in his skull, still ever will reflect on his appointment, and still understand one day, even if we evolved from ciliates shoes, it for sure could not happen for nothing . That is, in any case, is the supreme intelligence that created the planets and animals on them. But fortunately atheists such logic, as if does not find faith in God classic (humanoid).

Why do people become atheists? Indeed, among the people of this caste are many former believers, so to speak, with the experience. I have to say, those people who condemn God and the Bible, and say that they hate God, atheists are not. Because hate, it does not deny. Atheist - a person who does not believe in God. Atheism is not a popular revolt against God, it's not a bunch of enemies of the believers. Just this unbelieving people, that's all. Of course, there are people who still believe with terrible force, but nothing of their faith without getting stopped believing in God. Just eat it was not necessary. It may be dumb to compare facetious, but it's like throwing away the old cabinet, that any sense of it.

People, who become atheists after years of faith, do not become disbelievers at one point. In fact, faith and religion, in addition to enjoy church and rituals, is under a huge force of psychological blocks. Faith in God - a very strong habit and a certain lifestyle. When a person becomes an atheist, the transition to another life takes a lot of time.

All humans are atheists at first. Let's see if the child does not talk about God, he is not a believer, right? And the fact that many gods and each has his own people, despite the fact that we are all with you ordinary people obviously does not speak for the existence of God. Many religions and currents at all contradict each other, moreover, should explicitly say that all religions invented to control the masses. And a lot of men will one day realize that from a practical point of view, religion is absolutely nothing they can not give, but only takes. For the most complex questions of life no religion explains.

I will not talk about the attitude of the Orthodox or any other church. Everyone decides for himself, believing it to be or not to be that way. I believe that faith should give us a favor, faith should bring happiness and joy. If the opposite, it is better to be an atheist, or believe in man, for example.

Are people less religious nowadays? 10 years 3 months ago #2375

• Kri-ket
  • Новый участник
I don't think that nowadays people are religious and do not differ from the people of the past. The thing is that nowadays people spend much less time in the church. I've read some researchers showing that less and less people are visiting church. And attendance of churches have significantly felt down for the past 20 years. So, it is interesting the fact that Gad has no problem in Europe, but church does. Why is church facing such problems? This is other discussion. I think the main reason is numerous scandals. And that churches become more and more commercial :unsure:

Are people less religious nowadays? 10 years 2 months ago #2486

• Cornel
  • Новый участник
  • GOD is IN THE AIR
We are not less religious; we are too busy to be able to spend much time on religion itself. We prey less than we did it in the last century because we did not have smartphones with 24/7 internet connection. Another thing to be mentioned is that we try to be as fast as possible working, sleeping, loving, and eating every day. This means that we do not want to achieve something by the next year, but we want it now and religion plays quiet specific role here. Why do we need to go to church if we already have a plan how to become a superman, doing five thousands works a minute? It's (religion, church) not an attribute of a modern life of a successful person. It doesn't matter if you are a businessman or not. B)
On the other hand, there are a lot of countries, where almost all the people traditionally go to church and spend a lot of time there. Recently, I've been to Eastern Europe (Poland) and was fascinated about the people's aspiration for religion. It was impossible to imagine at least one person, who was not religious. I think it is very good because human belief in God is some kind of a pivot for all religious people.
Anyway, I don’t think that low percentage of religious people is harmful. People are responsible for what they do or will do in the future and it doesn’t matter whether they are religious or not.
There are still many ways to become a good and conscious person. For example, reading. I find it very useful for those, who want to ennoble his soul without a religion. I don’t mean that you don’t need to believe in God if you are not religious and read books only.
I find these two terms (religion and belief) quite different. You don’t have to go to Church at Sundays if you believe in God. All you need to do is to open your heart to the God and he will tell you whether you need to be religious or not.
Religion is a border that you shouldn’t cross. Who said that you need it? I don’t think that such limitation is needed. Be yourself and let the light be in, let the god enter your mind and soul.
Sorry for a little fanaticism, but I think it is important to fully understand the nature of the religion and belief.
;)
never try to be satisfied with your life if your car is dirty

Are people less religious nowadays? 10 years 2 months ago #2528

• Liliana
  • Новый участник
I do not think that nowadays people have become less religious. Maybe a little. But most people also believe in God and a higher power. Because it is right and because this faith gives strength to live. How can you live without faith in the soul? I do not understand. I think every person should believe in something because it is our need laid by nature and no matter what time it is, everyone should realize this need.
Just really, in some countries, people think that if they succeed, then nobody helped to them in this and they are fine, but as soon as they are faced with some disease or unsolvable problem, they run to God. In such cases, people go to church, pray and try to solve the problem in all possible ways.
Then there are people who believe in God, they just do not advertise and do not go to church. I believe that the faith of these people far more sincere, because they really believe in the soul, and not trying to show everyone that I'm good.
And about the fact that now there is much evil in the world, so I think it is in no way associated with the current time and God. At any time there was a lot of evil in the world. And those who have studied history know that. For example how badly treated slaves in ancient times. Or burned witches in the Middle Ages. Although in reality, it's just been a beautiful girl who probably had good intuition, or they had a little more intelligence and care, so they seemed smarter and they were killed. And how many lives claimed by the war and the way the war was at any time, so that there is a god then had never existed?
Maybe it sounds strange, but it seems to me that in the world there must be some balance between good and evil, because if the world will exist only goodness and joy we eventually cease to notice it and cannot ever appreciate it. And because the world has this balance, we can still determine what is good and what is bad, because we have something to compare. And maybe the problem is not God do everything well and not to reward and punish, but only to respect this balance, in order to maintain balance in the world. But this is only my opinion, maybe they can be wrong.
Sometimes we just do not notice how we are shipped in domestic affairs and small household problems, forgetting about the high and not thinking about the fact that in our lives may be something more interesting than just cook food and wash things. And so I believe that our task to think about high and believe in God.
LIfe is good!

Are people less religious nowadays? 10 years 2 months ago #2552

• sunny
  • Новый участник
  • drum&base
  • Thank you received: 1
People can't be less religious nowdays or earlier.
There were always people who believed in God and people who doesn't,and the time disin't change a lot in this matter of the fact.
This is my own point of view.
Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you...